Manufacturer: TVR Motors Company Limited, Blackpool, Lancashire – UK
Production time: mid-year 1976 – mid-year 1979
Production outlet: 395
Engine: 2994cc Ford British Essex V6 3.0L OHV I-Head
Power: 142 bhp / 5.000 rpm
Torque: 236 Nm / 3.000 rpm
Drivetrain: rear wheels
Speed: 201 km/h
Curb weight: 948 kg
Wheelbase: 89.8 inch
Chassis: multi-tubular steel central-backbone frame with outriggers and separate glass-reinforced plastic (GRP) body
Steering: Alford & Alder rack & pinion
Gearbox: four-speed manual / all synchromesh / floor shift
Clutch: hydraulic single dry plate disc
Carburettor: twin-choke Weber 40DFA-1 downdraft 2-barrel
Fuel tank: 54 liter
Electric system: 12 Volts 58 Ah
Ignition system: electronic
Brakes front: 11 inch servo-assisted dual hydraulic discs
Brakes rear: 9 inch servo-assisted dual hydraulic drums
Suspension front: independent double wishbones (A-arms, control arms), trapezoidal triangle cross-bar, sway bar, coil springs + hydraulic telescopic shock absorbers
Suspension rear: independent double wishbone (A-arms, control arms), trapezoidal triangle cross-bar, longitudinal coil springs + twin hydraulic telescopic shock absorbers
Rear axle: swing type
Differential: hypoid 3.45:1
Wheels: 6J x 14 inch Wolfrace alloy discs
Tires: 185HR x 14
Options: Broadspeed Turbo-charged engine (230bhp/5.500rpm, 370Nm/3.500rpm, top speed 224km/h, 30 units built), switchable Laycock de Normanville overdrive
– TVR was founded in 1947 by Trevor Wilkinson, under the name of Trevcar Motors. The first car was built in 1949.
– Many of the early cars were sold in kit form to avoid a British tax on assembled cars but in the 1970s the tax loophole was closed and the kit-form option was removed.
– In 1954, Wilkinson changed the name of the company to TVR by removing two vowels and a consonant from his first name: TreVoR.
– They manufactured lightweight Sports Cars with powerful engines and was the third-largest specialised Sports Car manufacturer in the world, offering a diverse range of Coupé’s and Convertibles.
– The Taimar, part of the M Series, was nothing more than the slightly re-styled (at the rear) 3000M, with a large lift-up hatchback, Jensen Interceptor style.
– Its name was supposedly created from "Tailgate Martin".
– It was introduced at the October 1976 British International Motor Show in London.
– The era of the M Series, designed by automotive engineer and dealer Mike Bigland, is commonly associated with Martin Lilley who, together with his father, took ownership of the company on 30 November 1965.
– After production of the M Series ended, TVR sold the production rights and tooling for many M Series components (including GRP bodies) to David Gerald TVR Sportscars Ltd.
– Unusual at the time, TVR offered a five-year guarantee against corrosion on the M Series chassis. Corrosion was prevented by leaving a film of oil from the manufacturing process on the metal, capping the ends of the tubes and fastening components without driving fasteners through the tube walls.
Tagged: , Clay , TVR Motors Company Limited, Blackpool, Lancashire – UK , TVR Taimar , ct , British Sports Car , 1978 , Simply Orange , 8-ZDJ-35 , Sidecode-8 , Geele Bosch Mildam – Fryslân , Fryslân – The Netherlands , The Netherlands , Mike Bigland , Artistic Impressions , Beautiful Capture , CAZADORES DE IMÁGENES , CanonFlickrAward , Digital Creations , Fine Gold , Hairygits Elite , LOVELY FLICKR , Masters Of Creative Photography , Nice As It Gets , Photographic World , SOE , The Best Shot , The Pit Stop Shop , VIGILANT PHOTOGRAPHERS UNITE LEVEL 1 , VIVID&STRIKING , Wheels-Anything That Rolls , WOW , Your Best Of Today , A Feast For My Eyes , A Photographers View , Auto_Focus , All Types Of Transport , All kinds of Transport , ANTICANDO , Old cars , Cars Cars Cars , Blood, Sweat and Gear , GEARHEADS , GREATPHOTOGRAPHERS , BEST PEOPLE’S CHOICE , The Machines , THE LOOK Level 1 RED , Blink Again , Digifoto Pro , Django’s Master , Damn Cool Photographers , FAIR PLAY , Give Me 5 , Living with Multiple Sclerosis (MS) , INFINITEXPOSURE , IQ – Image Quality , PHOTOGRAPHERS , Planet Earth Transport , Planet Earth Back In The Day , PRO PHOTO , SLOW RIDE , ShowCase images , Groupe Charlie , PhotoMix , Saariy’sQualityPictures , Transport of all kinds , The Red Group , Interesting , Ineffable , Fan de Voitures , Simply Because , Friends Forever , oldtimer , Simply The Best , My friends pictures , Simply Superb