Manufacturer: Singer & Co Limited (Singer Motors Limited in 1936), Coventry – UK
Type: 10/26 Roadster
Engine: 1308cc straight-4
Power: 26 bhp / 3.250 rpm
Speed: 72 km/h
Production time: 1924 – 1927
Production outlet: unknown
Curb weight: 830 kg
– At the time Singer was one of the most prolific manufacturers of motorcars in the UK. By 1928 Singer was Britain’s third largest car maker after Austin and Morris.
– The 10/26 replaced the earlier Singer 10 Model and was fairly advanced for its day. It is easier to drive than many other cars of the time.
– This two-seater with dicky seat has a four-speed manual gearbox + reverse operated by gate change mechanism, a bronze Solex downdraft carburettor, a central throttle pedal, a 12-Volts electric system, odometer, oil pressure gauge, amp meter, electric starter, a 32 liter fuel tank, coil ignition system and rear wheel drive.
– The ladder-frame chassis with steel body has a 90 inch wheelbase, worm & nut steering, original cloth wiring, ROTAX (London) head lights, side lights and switch box, quarter-elliptic leaf spring front suspension, longitudinal semi-elliptic leaf spring rear suspension, standard Dunlop Cord Five Grooved 50X19” tires and mechanical drum brakes all round (1925: the first year that the Singer featured 4-wheel brakes).
– A rear luggage rack, removable side windows/curtains, side mounted spare tires and a 2-gallon "SINGER" petrol can on the running board were optional.
– Both two- and four-seater open top models (Roadster and Tourer) were available, as well as Saloon and Coupé variants.
Tagged: , Clay , Singer & Co Limited (Singer Motors Limited in 1936), Coventry – UK , 1925 Singer 10/26 Roadster , Singer 10/26 Roadster , cs , British Car , British Convertible , Convertible , AR-50-23 , Beilen – The Netherlands , The Netherlands , Artistic impressions , Beautiful capture , Creative Impuls , Digital Creations , Fine Gold , Hairygits Elite , LOVELY FLICKR , Masters of Creative Photography , Photographic World , Roadster , The Pit Stop Shop , Wheels-Anything That Rolls , Your Best of Today , A photographers view , All types of transport , ANTICANDO!!! , Auto_Focus , BEST PEOPLE’S CHOICE , A feast for my eyes , The Machines , THE LOOK level 1 RED , Blink again , CAZADORES DE IMÁGENES , All kinds of transport , Blood sweat and gear , GEARHEADS , GREATPHOTOGRAPHERS , Cars cars and more cars , Cars cars cars , Digifoto Pro , Django’s Master , Damn cool photographers , FAIR PLAY , Friends Forever , InfiniteXposure , IQ – Image Quality , Give me 5 , Living with Multiple Sclerosis (MS) , My friends pictures , PHOTOGRAPHERS , Nice as it gets , Planet Earth Transport , Planet Earth back in the day , Pro Photo , Slow ride , Showcase Images , Lovely shot , PhotoMix , Saariy’sQualityPictures , Transport of all kinds , The Red Group , Simply Because , Simply Superb , Simply the best , Ineffable , Fan de Voitures , Moments in your life , SOE , WOW , The Best Shot , worldcars