Manufacturer: Société des Anciens Etablissements Panhard et Levassor, Paris – France
Type: Dyna Berline X 86 120 4CV
Production time: 1950 – 1953
Production outlet: 33,093 (all 4-door Saloon Cars)
Production time: 1948 – 1954 (all Dyna X and K Series)
Production outlet: 47,049 (all Dyna X and K Series)
Engine: 745cc SS3 horizontally-opposed twin cylinder boxer (flat-twin) type air-cooled
Power: 33 bhp / 5.000 rpm
Torque: 57 Nm / 3.000 rpm
Drivetrain: front wheels
Speed: 117 km/h
Curb weight: 645 kg
Wheelbase: 83.5 inch
Chassis: all-steel tubular frame chassis with an aluminum body
Steering: rack and pinion
Gearbox: our-speed manual gearbox with overdive (synchromesh on the upper three gears) / steering column shifter
Clutch: single plate dry disc
Carburettor: Solex 32 PBIC or Zenith 32 IN
Fuel tank: 30 liter
Electric system: 12 Volts by Ducellier or Paris- Rhône
Ignition system: distributor and coil
Brakes front: Bendix hydraulic finned aluminum drums
Brakes rear: Bendix hydraulic finned aluminum drums
Suspension front: independent upper and lower transverse leaf springs + Houdaille hydraulic shock absorbers
Suspension rear: semi-independent transverse trailing arms with a V link torsion bar + Houdaille hydraulic shock absorbers
Rear axle: rigid axle with three torsion bars on each side
Differential: spiral bevel
Wheels and ires: 135×400
– The looks were up to date (modern and aerodynamic ), but technically ahead of its time, this Dyna, codenamed “Projekt AF-G (Aluminium Français – Grégoire), designed by engineer Jean-Albert Grégoire, was at first shown (the Panhard X 84) at the 1946 Paris Motor Show.
– The name "Dyna" was selected, a reference to the Panhard Dynamic before the war.
– Increasingly baroque body decoration led to the range being nicknamed "Louis XV".
– Panhard supplier Facel-Métallon, Paris developed a new process to manufacturer its all steel tubular frame chassis and the all aluminum body in pressed sheets.
– Until Ferrari came along with the Ferrari 360 (1999), it was the only production car to feature an all-aluminum chassis.
– The wheels have no hub. They are assembled by "ears" on the aluminum brake drums.
– The Dyna Series were available as this 4-door Berline, as 3-door Commerciale (with fixed side windows), as 3-door Break (with large sliding windows and a rear seat), as 2 -door Découvrable (Convertible), as 2-door Roadster (Dyna X Junior), as Fourgonette (a closed light Van), as 5-door Limousine, as 5-door Taxi and a rare 3-door Canadienne (a closed “Woody Van” (only 1949) and only 25 units built).
– A very special Dyna is Dynavia, a teardrop shape show/ studie model to study the possibilities of streamlining. Only 2 uinits built and only 1 still excists today.
– Citroën had a minority of 25% interest in Panhard since 1955 and took over the P&L Company in 1965 and let the car brand name "vanish" in 1967.
Tagged: , Clay , Société des Anciens Etablissements Panhard et Levassor, Paris – France , Panhard Dyna Berline X 86 120 , cp , French Automobile , Jean-Albert Grégoire , 61-MT-79 , Sidecode-3 , Vianen – The Netherlands , The Netherlands , Artistic impressions , Beautiful capture , Creative Impuls , Digital Creations , Fine Gold , Hairygits Elite , LOVELY FLICKR , Masters Of Creative Photography , Photographic World , Sexy , The Pit Stop Shop , VIGILANT PHOTOGRAPHERS UNITE LEVEL 1 , Wheels-Anything That Rolls , Your Best of Today , A photographers view , All types of transport , ANTICANDO!!! , Auto_Focus , BEST PEOPLE’S CHOICE , A feast for my eyes , The Machines , THE LOOK level 1 RED , Blink again , CAZADORES DE IMÁGENES , All kinds of transport , Blood Sweat and Gears , GEARHEADS , GREATPHOTOGRAPHERS , Cars cars and more cars , Cars cars cars , Digifoto Pro , Django’s Master , Damn cool photographers , FAIR PLAY , Friends Forever , InfiniteXposure , IQ – Image Quality , Give me 5 , Living with Multiple Sclerosis (MS) , My friends pictures , PHOTOGRAPHERS , Planet Earth Transport , Planet Earth back in the day , Pro Photo , Slow ride , Showcase Images , Lovely shot , PhotoMix , Saariy’sQualityPictures , Transport of all kinds , The Red Group , Simply Because , Simply Superb , Simply the best , Ineffable , Fan de Voitures , Moments in your life , SOE , WOW , The Best Shot , worldcars