My first picture of the year! Taken last year though. Months ago actually.
So… I already have 10 or 11 cameras, of which I regularly use about 5. The film for some of the others is no longer available (Polaroid and 127 film), some of the others are backups, a couple aren’t that great, and one is being modified into a completely different type of camera.
And yet I just bought another one! I’m totally addicted. I bought a Hasselblad SWC/M! It will arrive around Jan. 10, and I can’t wait to try it. I ordered some film from it so I can use it right away. A few rolls of the new Portra 400, if it’s as good as it seems, it might replace Ektar as my favorite color film. Also a few rolls of Fuji Neopan Acros, one of my favorite b&w films, and some Tri-x or Fomapan 400, can’t remember.
I’m kinda disappointed. I wanted to buy a Voigtlander 35mm f/1.2 for my Leica. It was selling for $879 USD last time I checked, about a month ago, and now it went up to $1179 and seems to be discontinued! The bad news is that there’s no word on whether Voigtlander will release a replacement for this lens, so I don’t know what I’ll be getting. Time will tell I guess.
Lisa and Rene tagged me, so I’ll write 10 random facts about me.
1) I usually like old things more than new ones. I listen to old music, I shoot old cameras, and I like old cars.
2) The genre I listen to the most is hip-hop, but my favorite genre is Jazz, by far.
3) Before I started with photography, I had been painting for a few years. Now I don’t paint as much as I’d like to anymore.
4) I get headaches pretty often. In fact, I have one right now. I’ll go take a pill.
5) It irritates me when people ask if I have considered working as a professional photographer, for weddings and such. Is it so strange to do something you’re good at just for the love of it, and not wanting to get money for it?
6) One thing I cannot tolerate is ignorance. If you have the means to be well educated, but don’t even try, you’re pretty much hopeless in my opinion. Criticizing something without being well informed about it is also extremely ignorant.
7) I can get REALLY angry really quick when someone messes with my friends or family.
8) I hate my computer. It had to go back for repair a few months after I bought it, and it has never performed as it should. I’ll never buy Compaq again.
9) Cars have been my passion since I have memory. I’ll probably start studying an automotive design course this month. I’m pretty excited about it.
10) I think there’s nothing more attractive than a smart woman. Of course looks matter, but if I can’t have an interesting conversation with a girl, that pretty much breaks the deal for me.
Well, that’s pretty much it. I’ll try to develop some rolls soon, I don’t have any new stuff to upload. I need to buy chemicals. Meanwhile I’ll try to find stuff that I haven’t uploaded.
Tagged: , Zeiss , Ikon , Contaflex , Tessar , Carl Zeiss , 45mm , 2.8 , f/2.8