Manufacturer: Ford Motor Company, Dearborn, Michigan – U.S.A.
Type: Tudor Convertible Coupé
Engine: 3528cc straight-6
Power: 101 bhp / 3.500 rpm
Speed: 140 km/h
Production time: 1951
Production outlet: 40,934
Curb weight: 1430kg
– It was designed by George Walter, commonly known as the "Cellini of Chrome".
– These convertibles featured the top trim level for Ford, including chrome window trim, chrome horn ring, two sun visors, armrests on all doors and chrome strips along the lower half of the body.
– Needless to say, there was chrome at nearly every available location ☺☺!
– They have a special steering wheel and full wheel covers.
– The ’51 model became two smaller spinners on the horizontal bar of the grill i.s.o. a single large spinner and the instrument panel was completely redesigned (all instruments grouped in front of the driver).
– The three-speed manual transmission (standard) could be supplied with a "Touch-O-Matic" (an automatic overdrive), which saved a lot of fuel, while a two-speed Ford-O-Matic transmission was optional.
– In the former car magazines it was called "one of the most well-proportioned cars ever to come off the Dearborn assembly lines".
Tagged: , George Walter , Ford Tudor Convertible Coupé , Ford Motor Company, Dearborn, Michigan – U.S.A. , cf , two-speed Ford-O-Matic , Cellini of Chrome , Touch-O-Matic , a feast for my eyes , auto_focus , All types of transport , A Photographers View , Artistic impressions , blinkagain , beautiful capture , Build your rainbow , Creative Photo Group , Cars Cars Cars , Cars cars and more cars , Creative impuls , Creative Artists Cafe , digifoto Pro , Django’s Master , DREAMLIKE PHOTOS , Digital Creations , damn cool photographers , digital art work , Friends Forever , Fan de Voitures , Fine gold , FotoArtCircle , gearheads , greatphotographers , ineffable , I like it , Kreative People , Love it , Living with Multiple Sclerosis (MS) , LOVELY FLICKR , my_gear_and_me , MAGIC MOMENTS IN YOUR LIFE , Masters of Creative Photography , My Friends Pictures , Nice as it gets , Photographic World , PHOTOGRAPHERS , Planet Earth Transport , Photo Art , Planet Earth Back In The Day , paint creations , Photoshop Artists , PRO PHOTO , Photos become art , Remember that moment , Roadster , SOE , Super Six bronze , Show Case , slow ride , Super Six , showroom , SIMPLY SUPERB , Soul O Photography , The Look Level red , The Machines , TAKEN WITH LOVE , TAKEN WITH HARD WORK , The Pit Stop Shop , The Best Shot , Transport of all kinds , VIGILANT PHOTOGRAPHERS UNITE , Wheels-Anything That Rolls , worldcars