Manufacturer: Ford-Werke GmbH / Ford of Europe AG, Cologne – Germany
Type: Taunus 12M P4 Super Kombi 1.5L
Engine: 1498cc V-4
Power: 50 bhp / 4.500 rpm
Speed: 126 km/h
Production time: September 1962 – July 1966
Production outlet: 49,000 (all 12 M P4 Kombi 1.2L and Super Kombi 1.5L’s)
Curb weight: 924 kg
– The P4 was Ford Europes first front wheel drive car and the first use of a compact V-4 engine by the company, designed with the US market in mind in Dearborn-Detroit – USA, codenamed “Cardinal” (to "battle" against the massive imports of small European (i.a. VW 1200 Beetle) cars), but eventually further developed in Europe.
– P4 stand for "Projekt 4": the fourth new car design of the Ford plant in Cologne since the end of World War II.
– The "12" stands for the cylinder capacity (in deciliter).
– The "M" stand for "Meisterstück" (= "Masterpiece").
– Ford Germany did not use the “Turnier” appellation from the larger 17M station wagon, although the “Turnier” name would later become used by Ford of Germany for all their station wagons.
– This 2-door stationwagon has a four-speed manual gearbox (all synchromesh), steering column shifter, a Solex 28 PDSI carburettor with acceleration pump, a 6-Volts electric system, single plate dry disc clutch, a 38 liter fuel tank and front wheel drive.
– The chassis with self-supporting all-steel body has a 99.6 inch wheelbase, recirculating ball steering, single exhaust system, independent upper transverse leaf spring front suspension with sway bar and trapezoidal wishbones, longitudinal semi-elliptic rear suspension with anti-roll bar, hydraulic telescopic dampers all round, hypoid differential, live rear axle and hydraulic drum brakes all round.
– It was also available as 12M P4 Kombi 1.2L (1183cc V-4 – 40 bhp / 4.500 rpm – Solex 28 PDSIT-7 carburettor – 116 km/h) between March 1962 and July 1966 and a Saxomat three-speed automatic gearbox was optional.
– The P4 Series was assembled in Cologne-Niehl (Germany) and in Genk (Belgium).
Tagged: , Clay , Ford Motor Company, Dearborn, Michigan – U.S.A. , Ford-Werke GmbH, Cologne – Germany , Ford-Werke GmbH / Ford of Europe AG, Cologne – Germany , Ford of Europe AG, Cologne – Germany , Ford Taunus 12M P4 Super Kombi 1.5L , cf , station car , Estate car , stationwagon , German Car , Germany , Cardinal , FV-78-85 , CWODLP , Appelscha – The Netherlands , Fryslân – The Netherlands , The Netherlands , 1965 , Sidecode-1 , Ford Turnier , Artistic impressions , Beautiful capture , Creative Impuls , Digital Creations , Fine Gold , Hairygits Elite , LOVELY FLICKR , Masters of Creative Photography , Photographic World , sexy , The Pit Stop Shop , VIGILANT PHOTOGRAPHERS UNITE LEVEL 1 , Wheels-Anything That Rolls , Your Best of Today , A photographers view , All types of transport , ANTICANDO!!! , Auto_Focus , BEST PEOPLE’S CHOICE , A feast for my eyes , The Machines , THE LOOK level 1 RED , Blink again , CAZADORES DE IMÁGENES , All kinds of transport , Blood Sweat and Gears , GEARHEADS , GREATPHOTOGRAPHERS , Cars cars and more cars , Digifoto Pro , Django’s Master , Damn cool photographers , FAIR PLAY , InfiniteXposure , IQ – Image Quality , Give me 5 , Living with Multiple Sclerosis (MS) , PHOTOGRAPHERS , Planet Earth Transport , Planet Earth back in the day , Pro Photo , Slow ride , Showcase Images , PhotoMix , Saariy’sQualityPictures , Transport of all kinds , The Red Group , Simply Superb , Ineffable , Fan de Voitures , WOW , SOE , The Best Shot , worldcars