Manufacturer: Ford Motor Company, Dearborn, Michigan – U.S.A.
Type: DeLuxe V8 Series 79A Coupé
Production time: January 1947 – November 1947
Production outlet: 10,872
Engine: 3923cc Ford Flathead 239 V-8
Power: 100 bhp / 3.800 rpm
Torque: 244 Nm / 2.000 rpm
Drivetrain: rear wheels
Speed: 129 km/h
Curb weight: 1520 kg
Wheelbase: 114 inch
Chassis: rigid X-frame with 4 crossmembers and separate all-steel body
Steering: worm & roller
Gearbox: three-speed selective sliding manual / II and III synchronized / steering column shift
Clutch: 10 inch single dry plate disc
Carburettor: Holley 94 2-barrel downdraft
Fuel tank: 64 liter
Electric system: Ford 6 Volts 110 Ah
Ignition system: distributor and coil
Brakes front: 12 inch internal expanding hydraulic drums self-centering type
Brakes rear: 12 inch internal expanding hydraulic drums self-centering type
Suspension front: rigid axle, torsion stabilizers, transverse “slow action” leaf springs + double-acting hydraulic shock absorbers
Suspension rear: beam axle, torsion stabilizers, transverse “slow action” semi-elliptic leaf springs + double-acting hydraulic shock absorbers
Rear axle: live 3/4 floating type
Differential: spiral bevel 3.54:1
Wheels: 16 x 4.5
Tires: 6 x 16 4-ply
Options: Ford Adjust-O-Matic Radio with food control and Touch-Bar Tuning, hydralic windows, heater, defroster, electric dash clock, leather interior, spotlight, white sidewall tires, dual white wall tires with trim rings, wire wheels, cigar lighter, spider hub caps, banjo-spike steering wheel, dual side-view mirrors, fog lamps, full carpeting, dual cowl-mounted lights, maple wood grain dash appliqué
– Ford was launched in a converted factory in 1903 with $28,000 in cash from twelve investors, most notably John Francis Dodge and Horace Elgin Dodge who would later found the Dodge Brothers Motor Vehicle Company.
– Henry Ford was 40 years old when he founded the Ford Motor Company, which would go on to become one of the largest and most profitable companies in the world, the largest family-controlled company in the world, as well as being one of the few to survive the Great Depression.
– The Victoria Model 18 V8, the first V-8 Model, was styled by Edsel Ford, Henry’s son in 1932. This one-year-only model (called the Deuce”) bore a marked resemblance to the Lincoln of the same year, which had also been designed under the direction of Edsel Ford.
– The later V8 Series was redesigned by E.T. “Bob” Gregorie, Ford’s first design chief. The 1936 models were given a front-end restyle by Holden “Bob” Koto, of Briggs Manufacturing Company, Detroit (Michigan).
– The U.S. War Department had officially forbade work not directly related to the war effort.
– So with the same body as before the war (carry-overs from the 1942 models), in 1946 two Series appeared again: the DeLuxe and the Super DeLuxe. The DeLuxe Series was Ford’s cheapest car in Europe.
– After the war, these pre-war model cars (slightly restyled) were rationed in Europe. European customers were glad they could buy a new car.
– The 1947 Ford DeLuxe V8 Series 79A was available as this 2-door Coupé, as 2-door Tudor Sedan (44,523 units built) and as 4-door Fordor Sedan (20 units built).
– They were assembled in Dearborn (Michigan), Atlanta (Georgia), Chester (Pennsylvania), Chicago (Illinois), Long Beach (California), Saint Paul (Minnesota), Argentina and in Australia.
Tagged: , Clay , Ford Motor Company, Dearborn, Michigan – U.S.A. , Ford DeLuxe V8 Coupé , cf , Ford DeLuxe V8 Series 79A Coupé , 1947 , American Luxury Car , Simply Green , DM-92-48 , Sidecode-1 , Vianen – The Netherlands , The Netherlands , A Feast For My Eyes , A Photographers View , Auto_Focus , All Types Of Transport , Artistic Impressions , ANTICANDO , Blink Again , Beautiful Capture , BEST PEOPLE’S CHOICE , Blood, Sweat and Gear , GEARHEADS , Creative Impuls , CAZADORES DE IMÁGENES , Cars Cars Cars , CanonFlickrAward , Digifoto Pro , Damn Cool Photographers , Digital Creations , Django’s Master , FRIENDS FOREVER , Fine Gold , Fan de Voitures , FAIR PLAY , GREATPHOTOGRAPHERS , Give Me 5 , Groupe Charlie , Hairygits Elite , Ineffable , INFINITEXPOSURE , IQ – Image Quality , Interesting , LOVELY FLICKR , Living with Multiple Sclerosis (MS) , My Friends Pictures , Nice As It Gets , PHOTOGRAPHERS , PRO PHOTO , Photographic World , Planet Earth Transport , Planet Earth Back In The Day , PhotoMix , SOE , SIMPLY SUPERB , SLOW RIDE , Saariy’sQualityPictures , ShowCase images , Simply The Best , The Best Shot , The Pit Stop Shop , The Machines , Transport of all kinds , The Red Group , THE LOOK Level 1 RED , VIGILANT PHOTOGRAPHERS UNITE LEVEL 1 , VIVID&STRIKING , WOW , Wheels-Anything That Rolls , Your Best Of Today , In My Eyes , I Love It , Oldtimer , Simply Because , American Coupé