Manufacturer: Nissan Motor Company Ltd, Nishi-ku, Yokohama – Japan
Type: S30 Series 260Z 2+2 Sport Coupé
Production time: late-year 1973 – late-year 1978
Production outlet: 80,369
Engine: 2565cc straight-6 NISSAN L26 OC
Power: 126 bhp / 5.000 rpm
Torque: 189 Mn / 3.500 rpm
Drivetrain: rear wheels
Speed: 204 km/h
Curb weight: 1200 kg
Wheelbase: 102.6 inch
Chassis: all-steel unibody
Steering: recirculating ball, 2.8 turns lock to lock
Gearbox: four-speed manual / all synchromesh / floor shift
Clutch: hydraulic spring spacer disc
Carburettor: twin Hitachi HMB 46W-1 1.75 inch (44 mm) 1-barrel side-draft SU-type
Fuel tank: 65 liter
Electric system: 12 Volts 50 Ah
Ignition system: electronic
Brakes front: 10.7 inch hydraulic discs servo-assisted
Brakes rear: 9 inch hydraulic drums servo-assisted
Suspension front: independent MacPherson struts with cross-braces, lower wishbones, sway bar, coil springs + hydraulic telescopic dampers
Suspension rear: independent single wheel link, Chapman spring struts, lower wishbones, triangle crossbars, sway bar, coil springs + hydraulic telescopic dampers
Rear axle: independent swing-type
Differential: hypoid 3,545:1
Wheels: 5.5 x 14 inch pressed steel
Tires: 195/70 VR 14 radial
Options: five-speed manual gearbox, Jatco L3N three-speed automatic transmission (only US),
– Datsun is an automobile brand owned by Nissan. There was never an actual "Datsun" company. Datsun’s original production run began in 1931. From 1958 to 1986, only vehicles exported by Nissan were identified as Datsun. By 1986 Nissan had phased out the Datsun name, but re-launched it in 2013 as the brand for low-cost vehicles manufactured for emerging markets.
– The name was created in 1931 by the DAT Motorcar Co. for a new car model, spelling it as "Datson" to indicate its smaller size when compared to the existing, larger DAT car. Later, in 1933 after Nissan Motor Co., Ltd. took control of DAT Motorcar Co., the last syllable of Datson was changed to "sun", because "son" also means "loss" (損) in Japanese, hence the name "Datsun" : Dattosan (ダットサン Dattosan).
– The Nissan S30, inspired by the Ferrari 250 GTO and Jaguar E-Type and designed in-house at the Nissan Sports Car Design Studio by Mr. Yutaka Katayama (considered the “Father of the Z Car”) and Yoshihiko Matsuo in 1969, was Datsun’s first generation of Z GT two-seat Coupes. They were sold in Japan as the Nissan Fairlady Z and in other markets as the Datsun 240Z, then later as the 260Z and 280Z.
– The S30 Series outsold every European Sports Car in the USA and changed Datsun’s image completely.
– In 1973, the 240Z, in the hands of Shekhar Mehta, won the 21st East African Safari Rally.
– The 260Z 2+2 (fold-down rear seat) Sport Coupé had a rare sister car, the 260Z (36,343 units built) without the fold-down rear seat, based on a 90.6 inch chassis, 162 bhp / 5.600 rpm, torque 206 Nm / 4.400 rpm and top speed 210 km/h.
– These Sports Cars were assembled at the Nissan Shatai Plant in Hiratsuka, Kanagawa (Japan).
* This fiberglass body is based on the Ferrari 250 GTO (only 36 units built).
Tagged: , Clay , Nissan Motor Company Ltd, Nishi-ku, Yokohama – Japan , Datsun 260Z 2+2 Sport Coupé , Datsun 260Z 2+2 Sport Coupé with Ferrari-like 250-275 kit body , cd , Datsun S30 Series 260Z 2+2 Sport Coupé , Yutaka Katayama , Yoshihiko Matsuo , Japanese Sports Car , 1977 , Vianen – The Netherlands , The Netherlands , 27-YB-41 , Sidecode-3 , RED MANIA , RED , Artistic Impressions , Beautiful Capture , CanonFlickrAward , Creative Impuls , Digital Creations , Fine Gold , Hairygits Elite , LOVELY FLICKR , Masters Of Creative Photography , Nice As It Gets , Photographic World , SOE , SIMPLY SUPERB , Simply Because , Simply Red , The Best Shot , The Pit Stop Shop , VIGILANT PHOTOGRAPHERS UNITE LEVEL 1 , VIVID&STRIKING , WOW , Wheels-Anything That Rolls , Your Best Of Today , kit car , A photographers view , All types of transport , ANTICANDO!!! , Auto_Focus , BEST PEOPLE’S CHOICE , A feast for my eyes , The Machines , THE LOOK level 1 RED , Blink again , CAZADORES DE IMÁGENES , All kinds of transport , Blood Sweat and Gears , GEARHEADS , GREATPHOTOGRAPHERS , Old cars , Cars cars cars , Digifoto Pro , Django’s Master , Damn cool photographers , FAIR PLAY , Friends Forever , InfiniteXposure , IQ – Image Quality , Give me 5 , Living with Multiple Sclerosis (MS) , PHOTOGRAPHERS , Pro Photo , Slow ride , Groupe Charlie , PhotoMix , Saariy’sQualityPictures , The Red Group , Ineffable , Fan de Voitures , Transport of all kinds , Interesting