* owner Bart Valk
Manufacturer: Chevrolet Division of General Motors LLC, Detroit – U.S.A.
Type: Impala Custom Series 1BL Model 1L47 Hardtop Coupé
Production time: September 1972 – September 1973
Production outlet: 933,765
Engine: 5733cc GM Chevrolet L65 (Small-Block V-8 350) OHV
Power: 145 bhp / 4.000 rpm
Torque: 345 Nm / 2.400 rpm
Drivetrain: rear wheels
Speed: 176 km/h
Curb weight: 1836 kg
Wheelbase: 121.5 inch
Chassis: GM B-platform box frame with crossbars and all-steel unibody (by Fisher)
Steering: ball-race servo control variable-ratio power
Gearbox: GM Turbo Hydramatic three-speed automatic transmission / steering column shift
Clutch: not applicable
Carburettor: Rochester 2GV dual downdraft
Fuel tank: 87 liter
Electric system: 12 Volts 61 Ah
Ignition system: distributor and coil
Brakes front: 11.86 inch servo-assisted hydraulic discs
Brakes rear: 11 inch hydraulic self-adjusting drums
Suspension front: independent ball joint, Cross-link with elastically mounted tension strut, upper trapezoid triangle cross-bars, lower single cross-bars, sway bar, coil springs + hydraulic telescopic shock absorbers
Suspension rear: beam axle, coil link system, posterior longitudinal axis with helical springs, lower longitudinal guide arms and upper differential slanting braces + hydraulic telescopic shock absorbers
Rear axle: live semi-floating type
Differential: hypoid 2.73:1
Wheels: 6K – 15 inch steel discs
Tires: G78 x 15B BIAS belted
Options: 6570cc GM Chevrolet Small-Block V-8 400 Turbo-Fire Hydra-Matic petrol engine, 7443cc GM Chevrolet L-series 454 V-8 (big-block) Turbo-Jet Hydra-Matic petrol engine, power windows, power brakes, power seats, 50/50 reclining passenger seat, power door locks, power trunk opener, comfort-tilt steering wheel, adjustable steering wheel, remote control outside rear view mirrors, AM/FM Stereo radio with tape system, rear seat speaker, Four-Season Air Conditioning, Soft-Ray tinted glass, intermittent windshield whiper system, rear window defogger, auxiliary lighting, econominder gauge package, Cruise-Master speed control, custom DeLuxe seat belts, DeLuxe wheel covers, Rally wheels, body side molding, white stripe steel-belted radial ply tires, DeLuxe bumpers, bumper guards, colour-keyed floor mats, two-tone colouring
– Chevrolet was co-founded by Louis Chevrolet and William C. Durant. Louis Chevrolet was a race-car driver, born on December 25, 1878, in La Chaux de Fonds, Switzerland. William Durant, founder of General Motors, had been forced out of GM in 1910 and wanted to use Louis Chevrolet’s designs to rebuild his own reputation as a force in the automobile industry. As head of Buick Motor Company, prior to founding GM, Durant had hired Chevrolet to drive Buicks in promotional races.
– By 1916 Chevrolet was profitable enough to allow Durant to buy a majority of shares in GM. After the deal was completed in 1917, Durant was president of General Motors and Chevrolet was merged into GM, becoming a separate division.
– The Impala was designed by Chevrolet Chief Engineer Ed Cole and named after an African antelope.
– In ’72, Impala all-time sales topped the 10 million mark, extending its lead as the best-selling full-size car in automotive history, more than double the sales of the next nearest competitor at the time, the Ford Galaxie.
– The 1972/1973 model was the longest Impala yet and still the best-selling full-size car in North America to date.
– Beginning in 1972, all engines were designed to run on unleaded gasoline.
– It was also the last year of the mpala Convertible.
– The 1973 Impala Custom Series 1BL was an independent model Series.
– This fifth generation Impala (1971-1976) was assembled in Arlington (Texas), in St. Louis (Missouri), in South Gate (California) and in Rosario, Santa Fe (Argentina) while the right-hand drive (RHD) Impalas were produced in kit form in Oshawa – Canada for Australia, New Zealand and South Africa and assembled locally from CKD or SKD kits.
Tagged: , Clay , Chevrolet Division of General Motors LLC, Detroit – U.S.A. , Chevrolet Impala Sport Coupé , cc , Chevrolet mpala Series 1BL / 1M57 Hardtop Sport Coupé , American Luxury Car , American Coupé , 1972 , King Cruise Muiden , Muiden – The Netherlands , The Netherlands , XN-VH-71 , Sidecode-5 , Simply Black , A Feast For My Eyes , A Photographers View , Auto_Focus , All Types Of Transport , Artistic Impressions , ANTICANDO , Blink Again , Beautiful Capture , BEST PEOPLE’S CHOICE , Blood, Sweat and Gear , GEARHEADS , Creative Impuls , CAZADORES DE IMÁGENES , Cars Cars Cars , CanonFlickrAward , Old cars , Digifoto Pro , Damn Cool Photographers , Digital Creations , Django’s Master , FRIENDS FOREVER , Fine Gold , Fan de Voitures , FAIR PLAY , GREATPHOTOGRAPHERS , Give Me 5 , Groupe Charlie , Hairygits Elite , Ineffable , INFINITEXPOSURE , IQ – Image Quality , Interesting , In My Eyes , Living with Multiple Sclerosis (MS) , LOVELY FLICKR , My Friends Pictures , Masters Of Creative Photography , Nice As It Gets , PHOTOGRAPHERS , PRO PHOTO , Planet Earth Transport , Planet Earth Back In The Day , PhotoMix , SOE , SIMPLY SUPERB , SLOW RIDE , Saariy’sQualityPictures , ShowCase images , Simply The Best , The Best Shot , The Pit Stop Shop , The Machines , Transport of all kinds , The Red Group , THE LOOK Level 1 RED , VIVID&STRIKING , Wheels-Anything That Rolls , WOW , Your Best Of Today , VIGILANT PHOTOGRAPHERS UNITE LEVEL 1 , Simply Because