Manufacturer: General Motors Company (GM), Cadillac Motor Car Division, Detroit, Michigan – USA
Type: Series 60 Special Fleetwood Model 52-6019 4-door Sedan
Production time: January 1952 – December 1952
Production outlet: 16,110
Engine: 5425cc GM Cadillac 90 degree V-8 331 OHV valve-in-head
Power: 190 bhp / 4.000 rpm
Torque: 436 Nm / 2.400 rpm
Drivetrain: rear wheels
Speed: 166 km/h
Curb weight: 1930 kg
Wheelbase: 130 inch
Chassis: GM C-platform box frame with cross bracing and separate all-steel body (by Fleetwood)
Steering: Saginaw ball bearing worm and nut
Gearbox: GM Dual Range Hydra-Matic four-speed automatic / steering column shift
Clutch: not applicable
Carburettor: Carter WCD896S 4-barrel downdraft / Rochester 4GC 4-barrel downdraft
Fuel tank: 76 liter
Electric system: Delco 6 Volts 115 Ah
Ignition system: distributor and coil
Brakes front: 12 inch hydraulic duo-servo drums
Brakes rear: 11 inch hydraulic duo-servo drums
Suspension front: independent single wheel, trapezoidal triangle cross-bars, curve stabilizer, coil springs + Delco hydraulic telescopic shock absorbers
Suspension rear: beam axle, “shark bell” longitudinal leaf springs + Delco hydraulic telescopic shock absorbers
Rear axle: live semi-floating type
Differential: hypoid 3.36:1
Wheels: 6.00 x 15 inch steel discs
Tires: 8.00 x 15
Options: Saginaw hydraulic power steering, trunk-mounted air conditioning (by Frigidaire), whitewall side tires, two-tone colouring
– Cadillac was formed from the remnants of the Henry Ford Company when Henry Ford departed along with several of his key partners and the company was dissolved. With the intent of liquidating the firm’s assets, Ford’s financial backers, William Murphy and Lemuel Bowen called in engineer Henry M. Leland to appraise the plant and equipment prior to selling them. Instead, Leland persuaded them to continue the automobile business using Leland’s proven 1-cylinder engine. Henry Ford’s departure required a new name, and on August 22, 1902, the company reformed as the Cadillac Automobile Company.
– The Cadillac automobile was named after the 17th century French explorer Antoine Laumet de La Mothe, sieur de Cadillac, who founded Detroit in 1701.
– Cadillac was purchased by the General Motors conglomerate in 1909. Cadillac became General Motors’ prestige division, devoted to the production of large luxury vehicles. In the United States, the name became a synonym for "high quality", used in such phrases as "the Cadillac of watches," referring to a Rolex. In English usage outside North America, other brands are used in such phrases – usually Rolls-Royce.
– The Cadillac line was also GM’s default marque for "commercial chassis" institutional vehicles, such as limousines, ambulances, hearses, and funeral home flower cars. The latter three of which were custom built by aftermarket manufacturers: Cadillac does not produce any such vehicles in factory.
– This ’52 Fleetwood Series 60 Special Sedan was a self-contained Series, designed by Bill Mitchell.
– This fourth generation Fleetwood Sixty Special (1950-1953) was assembled in Detroit (Michigan).
Tagged: , Clay , General Motors Company (GM), Cadillac Motor Car Division, Detroit, Michigan – USA , Cadillac Fleetwood Sixty Special Sedan , cc , Cadillac Fleetwood Series 60 Special Model 52-6019 4-door Sedan , 1952 , Bill Mitchell , American Luxury Car , King Cruise Muiden , Muiden – The Netherlands , The Netherlands , AR-68-97 , Sidecode-1 , RUSTY and CRUSTY , Artistic Impressions , Beautiful Capture , CanonFlickrAward , Creative Impuls , Digital Creations , Fine Gold , Hairygits Elite , LOVELY FLICKR , Masters Of Creative Photography , Photographic World , SOE , SIMPLY SUPERB , Simply Because , Nice As It Gets , The Best Shot , The Pit Stop Shop , VIGILANT PHOTOGRAPHERS UNITE LEVEL 1 , VIVID&STRIKING , WOW , Wheels-Anything That Rolls , Your Best Of Today , A photographers view , All types of transport , ANTICANDO!!! , Auto_Focus , BEST PEOPLE’S CHOICE , A feast for my eyes , The Machines , THE LOOK level 1 RED , Blink again , CAZADORES DE IMÁGENES , All kinds of transport , Blood Sweat and Gears , GEARHEADS , GREATPHOTOGRAPHERS , Old cars , Cars cars cars , Digifoto Pro , Django’s Master , Damn cool photographers , FAIR PLAY , Friends Forever , InfiniteXposure , IQ – Image Quality , Give me 5 , Living with Multiple Sclerosis (MS) , My friends pictures , PHOTOGRAPHERS , Planet Earth Transport , Planet Earth back in the day , Pro Photo , Slow ride , Showcase Images , Groupe Charlie , PhotoMix , Saariy’sQualityPictures , Transport of all kinds , The Red Group , Interesting , Ineffable , Fan de Voitures