Manufacturer: Birmingham Small Arms Company (BSA), Birmingham – UK
Type: Scout Series 1
Engine: 1021cc 9HP (RAC) straight-4 water-cooled
Power: 26 bhp / 4.000 rpm
Speed: 105 km/h
Production time: 1935 – 1936
Production time: 1935 – 1940 (all Series 1-6)
Production outlet: unknown
Curb weight: 640 kg
– These sports cars were manufactured and sold by subsidiaries of BSA, launched at April 1935.
– The body is built on a channel section steel frame and the front suspension by 8 quarter elliptic springs, the rear by semi-elliptical springs with a single brake for the front wheels (part of the differential unit) and drum brakes at the rear operated by rods.
– The engine has a so called side-valve high-efficiency detachable head block, a large diameter two bearing crankshaft, short and free from whip, mounted on ball and roller journal bearings.
– The cylinder block and crankcase are in one casting, ensuring greater rigidity and perfect alignment.
– The silent timing gearbox – silent double-helical constant mesh gears – (three forward + 1 reverse) with wide cams on a large diameter camshaft driven from crankshaft by duplex chain.
– This two seater has front wheel drive.
– The multiplate clutch has two alloy discs with cork inserts, running in oil.
– The Scouts had a 6-Volt electric system with dynamo, electric starter, coil ignition and Lucas equipment lights (a five lamp set) with dip and switch control to the head lights.
Photo taken at the Elfsteden Oldtimer Rally 2014 (Eleven Cities Oldtimer Rally 2014) nearby Hindeloopen, Friesland – The Netherlands.
Tagged: , Birmingham Small Arms Company (BSA), Birmingham – UK , BSA Scout Series 1 , cb , a feast for my eyes , auto_focus , A Photographers View , All types of transport , Artistic impressions , blinkagain , Build your rainbow , Blood, Sweat and Gear , beautiful capture , British Sports Car , Creative Photo Group , Creative impuls , Creative Artists Cafe , Cars cars and more cars , Cars Cars Cars , digifoto Pro , Django’s Master , damn cool photographers , Digital Creations , DREAMLIKE PHOTOS , Friends Forever , FotoArtCircle , Fine gold , Fan de Voitures , greatphotographers , gearheads , I like it , ineffable , In My Eyes , Love it , LOVELY FLICKR , Living with Multiple Sclerosis (MS) , my_gear_and_me , Masters of Creative Photography , My Friends Pictures , MAGIC MOMENTS IN YOUR LIFE , Nice as it gets , Photographic World , PHOTOGRAPHERS , Photoshop Artists , paint creations , Photo Art , Planet Earth Transport , Planet Earth Back In The Day , SIMPLY SUPERB , PRO PHOTO , Remember that moment Level 1 , Roadster , SOE , Super Six bronze , Super Six , showroom , slow ride , Show Case , Soul O Photography , The Look Level red , The Best Shot , The Pit Stop Shop , Transport of all kinds , The Machines , VIGILANT PHOTOGRAPHERS UNITE , Wheels-Anything That Rolls , World of details , worldcars