Ford DeLuxe V8 Coupé 1947 (2628)

Ford DeLuxe V8 Coupé 1947 (2628)

Manufacturer: Ford Motor Company, Dearborn, Michigan – U.S.A.
Type: DeLuxe V8 Series 79A Coupé
Production time: January 1947 – November 1947
Production outlet: 10,872
Engine: 3923cc Ford Flathead 239 V-8
Power: 100 bhp / 3.800 rpm
Torque: 244 Nm / 2.000 rpm
Drivetrain: rear wheels
Speed: 129 km/h
Curb weight: 1520 kg
Wheelbase: 114 inch
Chassis: rigid X-frame with 4 crossmembers and separate all-steel body
Steering: worm & roller
Gearbox: three-speed selective sliding manual / II and III synchronized / steering column shift
Clutch: 10 inch single dry plate disc
Carburettor: Holley 94 2-barrel downdraft
Fuel tank: 64 liter
Electric system: Ford 6 Volts 110 Ah
Ignition system: distributor and coil
Brakes front: 12 inch internal expanding hydraulic drums self-centering type
Brakes rear: 12 inch internal expanding hydraulic drums self-centering type
Suspension front: rigid axle, torsion stabilizers, transverse “slow action” leaf springs + double-acting hydraulic shock absorbers
Suspension rear: beam axle, torsion stabilizers, transverse “slow action” semi-elliptic leaf springs + double-acting hydraulic shock absorbers
Rear axle: live 3/4 floating type
Differential: spiral bevel 3.54:1
Wheels: 16 x 4.5
Tires: 6 x 16 4-ply
Options: Ford Adjust-O-Matic Radio with food control and Touch-Bar Tuning, hydralic windows, heater, defroster, electric dash clock, leather interior, spotlight, white sidewall tires, dual white wall tires with trim rings, wire wheels, cigar lighter, spider hub caps, banjo-spike steering wheel, dual side-view mirrors, fog lamps, full carpeting, dual cowl-mounted lights, maple wood grain dash appliqué

Special:
– Ford was launched in a converted factory in 1903 with $28,000 in cash from twelve investors, most notably John Francis Dodge and Horace Elgin Dodge who would later found the Dodge Brothers Motor Vehicle Company.
– Henry Ford was 40 years old when he founded the Ford Motor Company, which would go on to become one of the largest and most profitable companies in the world, the largest family-controlled company in the world, as well as being one of the few to survive the Great Depression.
– The Victoria Model 18 V8, the first V-8 Model, was styled by Edsel Ford, Henry’s son in 1932. This one-year-only model (called the Deuce”) bore a marked resemblance to the Lincoln of the same year, which had also been designed under the direction of Edsel Ford.
– The later V8 Series was redesigned by E.T. “Bob” Gregorie, Ford’s first design chief. The 1936 models were given a front-end restyle by Holden “Bob” Koto, of Briggs Manufacturing Company, Detroit (Michigan).
– The U.S. War Department had officially forbade work not directly related to the war effort.
– So with the same body as before the war (carry-overs from the 1942 models), in 1946 two Series appeared again: the DeLuxe and the Super DeLuxe. The DeLuxe Series was Ford’s cheapest car in Europe.
– After the war, these pre-war model cars (slightly restyled) were rationed in Europe. European customers were glad they could buy a new car.
– The 1947 Ford DeLuxe V8 Series 79A was available as this 2-door Coupé, as 2-door Tudor Sedan …

Ford Model A Type 82B Closed Cab Pick-Up 1930 (8265)

Ford Model A Type 82B Closed Cab Pick-Up 1930 (8265)

Manufacturer: Ford Motor Company, Dearborn, Michigan – U.S.A.
Type: Model A Type 82B Closed Cab Pick-Up Truck
Engine: 3236cc straight-4
Power: 39 bhp / 2.200 rpm
Speed: 97 km/h
Production time: 1927 – 1932
Production output: 4,849,340 (all A’s)
Curb weight: 1020 kg
Load capacity: 675 kg

Special:
– By switching production in 1927 from Model T to Model A, there were major delays.
– The A (also called A-Model Ford or the A, and A-bone among rodders and customizers) is a simple design with a L-Head 4-cylinder side-valve engine, Zenith carburettor, a three-speed manual gearbox (+ reverse), rear wheel drive and the traditional Ford suspension with transverse semi-elliptic leaf springs with Houdaille-type double-acting shock absorbers.
– The exterior has design cues taken from the Lincoln ("baby Lincoln"), heavily involved by Edsel Ford.
– The model was available in 30 body styles (icluding this Pick-Up Truck) and four standard colours, but not in black☺! Black however was an option.
– In contrast, the fenders were always painted black for manufacturing reasons.
– The Model A was the first Ford to use the standard set of driver controls with conventional clutch, throttle, gearshift and brake pedals.
– It was Fords first standard automobile with a new battery and ignition system, safety glass in the windshield and mechanical drum brakes on four wheels (cable operated).
– The A had a comfortable "dickey-seat" (in America "rumble seat"), in the earlier "coach period" intended for the footman. If it was not used, it could be folded shut.
– The 1930 and 1931 editions came with stainless steel radiator cowling and headlamp housings.
– The fuel tank was located in the cowl, between the engine compartment’s fire wall and the dash panel (with visual fuel gauge).
– The truck model was called Model AA. It had a longer chassis, strengthened suspension with steel instead of spokes wheels and dual tires for the heavier versions.
– The first station wagon was built by Stoughton Wagon Company in Stoughton, Wisconsin (USA) in 1919, mounted on a Ford Model T, because farmers (the first users) preferred them.
– Ford came with the first standard model "Woodie" based on a A Model in 1929. These body works were produced by Briggs in Detroit.
– In 1932 Ford surprised everyone by introducing a very cheap V-8 engine.
– The Model A formed the basis for the Russian car industry (Gorkovsky Avtomobilny Zavod (NAZ/GAZ) in Nizhny Novgorod)
– These early station wagons had different names, like "depot-wagons" or "hacks".
– Outside of the USA, the Model A was produced in plants in Argentina, Australia, Canada, Denmark, France, Germany, Ireland, Soviet Union and the United Kingdom and sold all over the world.

Photographed in Gaasterland, Fryslân – The Netherlands ☺!

Posted by Le Photiste on 2014-07-22 14:47:36

Tagged: , Ford Motor Company, Dearborn, Michigan – U.S.A. , Ford Model A , Ford Model A Type 82B Closed Cab Pick-Up , cf , Edsel Ford , a feast for my eyes , auto_focus …

Ford Model T Touring Type T1 1914 (2642)

Ford Model T Touring Type T1 1914 (2642)

Manufacturer: Ford Motor Company, Dearborn, Michigan – U.S.A.
Type: Model T Touring Type T1
Production time: 1908 – 1914
Production outlet: 165,832 (1914: all Touring models)
Production outlet: 202,667 (1914: all models)
Production outlet: 15,458,781 (1908-1927: all models)
Engine: 2896cc straight-4 Ford 177 CID Vertical L-head, L-block, side valves flathead
Power: 20 bhp / 1.600 rpm
Drivetrain: rear wheels
Speed: 68 km/h
Curb weight: 700 kg
Wheelbase: 100 inch
Chassis: lead frame made of riveted U-steel profiles on a wooden skeleton with separate metal planking body
Steering: planetary epicyclic gear
Gearbox: manual two-speed planetary unit with a magneto located in front of the flywheel (this magneto supplied ignition current generated in a set of stationary coils)
Clutch: multiple dry plate disc
Carburettor: Ford
Fuel tank: 38 liter (case fuel system: gravity type, no pump)
Electric system: 6 Volts
Ignition system: single trembler coil
Brakes front: non
Brakes rear: hand-operated mechanical external contracting drums
Brakes: external braking on the driveshaft
Suspension front: rigid axle, cross two push rods, transversely mounted semi-elliptical springs
Suspension rear: rigid axle, two cast housing halves which accommodate the differential gear and the two drive shafts, cross two push rods, transverse leaf springs
Rear axle: live semi-floating type
Differential: spiral bevel 3.64:1
Wheels: wooden Artillery type
Tires front: 30 x 3 pneumatic clincher type
Tires raer: 30 x 3½ pneumatic clincher type
Options: "Rocky Mountain Brakes" (external band brakes only on the rear axle), balloon tires with steel wires reinforcing the tire bead (from 1925), steel welded-spoke wheels available in 1926 and 1927

Special:
– On October 1, 1908, the company introduced the successful Ford Model T (also known as Tin Lizzie, Tin Lizzy, T‑Model Ford, Model T or T), designed by Childe Harold Wills, Joseph A. Galamb and Eugene Farkas.
– At first assembled in Piquette plant and from 1910 in the Highland Park plant.
– It was Fords first mass production car (instead of individual hand crafting). The chassis was drawn by workers on a carriage trough the factory. Later, the sleds were replaced by carts on rails and mechanically drawn ("electric lines").
– This was not the first production line with completely interchangeable parts ever (that was Olds Motor Works, Lansing, Michigan – USA with the Model R Curved Dash), but it was the first time an entire plant worked with this system.
– The bodies were still from other manufacturers until 1919, notably OJ Beaudette and Kelsey.
– It was America’s first automobile with standard left hand steering, while driving on the right was "the right way".
– The Ts in-line engine was the first engine with a removable cylinder head.
– The parking brake works on the tie rods to the drum brakes on the rear axle.
– The Model T’s built prior to 1919 were supplied with non-demountable wheels. This meant that if a flat tire occurred, the tire had to be removed from the rim and a new tube installed. In 1919, demountable wheels were available which allowed for a …

Ford Model A Phaeton Standard 1928* (3458)

Ford Model A Phaeton Standard 1928* (3458)

* with some model ’29 modifications like the outboard door handles

Manufacturer: Ford Motor Company, Dearborn, Michigan – U.S.A.
Type: Model A Phaeton Standard Model 35A
Production time: 1927 – 1929 (model 35A)
Production time: 1930 – 1932 (model 35B)
Production time: 1927 – 1932 (all Model A’s)
Production outlet: 97,094 (all Phaeton Standard Model 35A)
Production outlet: 20,855 (all Phaeton Standard Model 35B)
Production outlet: 4,849,340 (all Model A’s)
Engine: 3286cc straight-4 L-head
Power: 40 bhp / 2.200 rpm
Torque: 173 Nm / 1.000 rpm
Drivetrain: rear wheels
Speed: 105 km/h
Curb weight: 1020 kg
Wheelbase: 103.5 inch
Chassis: A – chassis with separate steel body
Steering: worm & sector
Gearbox: sliding three-speed manual + reverse / unsynchronised / floor shifter
Clutch: 9 inch multiple disk – dry plate
Carburettor: Zenith
Fuel tank: 38 liter
Electric system: 6 Volts
Ignition system: distributor and coil
Brakes front: mechanical internal expanding 11 inch drums
Brakes rear: mechanical internal expanding 11 inch drums
Suspension front: transverse leaf springs + Houdaille-type double-acting shock absorbers
Suspension rear: transverse, semi-elliptic leaf springs + Houdaille-type double-acting shock absorbers
Rear axle: rigid 3/4 floating type
Differential: spiral bevel
Wheels: welded Ford steel spoke
Tires: 4.5 x 30 balloon

Special:
– The exterior has design cues taken from the Lincoln ("baby Lincoln"), heavily involved by Edsel Ford.
– The Model A was the first Ford to use the standard set of driver controls with conventional clutch, throttle, gearshift and brake pedals, a new battery and ignition system, safety glass in the windshield and mechanical drum brakes on four wheels (cable operated).
– The fuel tank was located in the cowl, between the engine compartment’s fire wall and the dash panel (with visual fuel gauge) and had a comfortable "dickey-seat" (in America "rumble seat"), in the earlier "coach period" intended for the footman. If it was not used, it could be folded shut.
– The 1930 and 1931 editions came with stainless steel radiator cowling and headlamp housings.
– The Model A (also called A-Model Ford or the A, and A-bone among rodders and customizers) was available in 30 body styles and four standard colours, but not in black☺! Black however was an option.
– The Model A formed the basis for the Russian car industry (Gorkovsky Avtomobilny Zavod (NAZ/GAZ) in Nizhny Novgorod).
– Outside of the USA, the Model A was produced in plants in Argentina, Australia, Canada, Denmark, France, Germany, Ireland, Soviet Union and the United Kingdom and sold all over the world.

Posted by Le Photiste on 2016-02-22 18:17:50

Tagged: , Clay , Ford Motor Company, Dearborn, Michigan – U.S.A. , Ford Model A Phaeton Standard Model 35A , cf , 1929 , American Oldtimer , American automobile , phaeton , AR-71-86 , Sidecode-1 , Appelscha – The Netherlands , Fryslân – The Netherlands , The Netherlands , Artistic impressions , Beautiful capture , Creative Impuls , Digital Creations , Fine Gold , Hairygits Elite , LOVELY FLICKR , Masters Of Creative Photography , Photographic World …

Ford Model T Touring 1914 (8367)

Ford Model T Touring 1914 (8367)

Manufacturer: Ford Motor Company, Dearborn, Michigan – U.S.A.
Type: Model T Touring
Engine: 2896cc straight-4
Power: 22 bhp / 1.600 rpm
Speed: 72 km/h
Production time: 1908 – 1927
Production outlet: 15,458,781
Curb weight: 750 kg

Special:
– On October 1, 1908, the company introduced the successful Ford Model T (also known as Tin Lizzie, Tin Lizzy, T‑Model Ford, Model T, or T), designed by Childe Harold Wills, Joseph A. Galamb and Eugene Farkas,
– At first assembled in Piquette plant and from 1910 in the Highland Park plant.
– It was Fords first mass production car (instead of individual hand crafting). The chassis was drawn by workers on a carriage trough the factory. Later, the sleds were replaced by carts on rails and mechanically drawn ("electric lines").
– This was not the first production line with completely interchangeable parts ever (that was Olds Motor Works, Lansing, Michigan – USA with the Model R Curved Dash), but it was the first time an entire plant worked with this system.
– The bodies were still to 1919 from other manufacturers, notably OJ Beaudette and Kelsey.
– It was Americas first automobile with standard left hand steering, while driving on the right was "the right way".
– The ignition system used an unusual trembler coil system to drive the spark plugs (used only for stationary gas engines) but made the T more flexible to use a range of fuels, like gasoline, kerosene or ethanol.
– The Ts in-line engine was the first engine with a removable cylinder head.
– The transmission is a standard two-speed planetary unit with a magneto located in front of the flywheel. This magneto supplied ignition current generated in a set of stationary coils.
– One had to have special driving techniques in order to keep the planetary gearing under control. So in many States you needed an extra / special driver’s licence.
– The early models had a foot-operated transmission brake and hand-operated rear wheel mechanical drum brakes.
– An option were the "Rocky Mountain Brakes", additional external band brakes only on the rear axle.
– The parking brake works on the tie rods to the drum brakes on the rear axle.
– The suspension employed a transversely mounted semi-elliptical spring for each of the front and rear beam axles which allowed a great deal of wheel movement to cope with the dirt roads of the time.
– The Model T’s built prior to 1919 were supplied with non-demountable wheels. This meant that if a flat tire occurred, the tire had to be removed from the rim and a new tube installed. In 1919, demountable wheels were available which allowed for a spare rim with the tire attached to be carried.
– The wheels were wooden artillery wheels with pneumatic clincher type tires, with steel welded-spoke wheels available in 1926 and 1927.
– Balloon tires with steel wires reinforcing the tire bead became available in 1925.
– Henry Ford: “Any customer can have a car painted any …