Rolls-Royce 40/50HP Silver Ghost Boattail 1926 (5402)

Rolls-Royce 40/50HP Silver Ghost Boattail 1926 (5402)

Manufacturer: Rolls-Royce Limited, Derby, England – UK
Type: 40/50HP Silver Ghost Boattail
Engine: 7668cc straight-6
Power: 100 bhp / 2.750 rpm
Speed: 120 km/h
Production time: 1919 – 1926
Production time: 1906 – 1926 (all Silver Ghosts)
Production outlet: unknown
Production outlet: 7,874 (all Silver Ghosts, including 1701 from the American Springfield factory)
Curb weight: 1383 kg

Special:
– In 1906, four chassis were built for the Olympia Motor Show. After a lot of interest from the public, manager Claude Johnson set one automobile (an open-top Roi-des-Belges body by coachbuilder Barker & Co. Limited, London) in “silver” (painted in aluminium paint with silver-plated fittings) and named it “Silver Ghost” by virtue of its appearance and “extraordinary stealthiness” (like a ghost).
– Chassis no. 60551, registered AX 201 (the 12th 40/50HP to be made), was the car that was originally given the name "Silver Ghost."
– That title was taken up by the press (the prestigious publication Autocar in 1907) and soon all 40/50HPs were called by that name, a fact not officially recognised by Rolls-Royce until 1925, when the Phantom range was launched.
– Proper production of the 40/50HP at Cooke Street, Manchester had not started until early 1907 after all the effort of preparing the first four motor cars for Olympia and the Paris show which followed.
– It has a centre-change four-speed manual gearbox , a cone type clutch, a Rolls-Royce carburettor, a 6-Volts electric system, dual ignition with coil and magneto and rear wheel drive.
– The chassis (partly steel and ash frame) has a walnut and highly varnished dashboard, leather upholstery, solid front axle with semi-elliptic leaf springs suspension,a live rear axle with cantilever leaf spring platform suspension, worm & nut steering, spoke wheels and internal expanding four-wheel mechanical brakes.
– Many rolling chassis were outfitted with luxurious bodies by some of the top coachbuilders in the industry, like Hooper, Barker, Park Ward, Thrupp & Maberly, James Young, H.J.Mulliner, Windover (London), Gurney Nutting, etc.
– A speed governor (cruise control) and four-wheel servo-assisted brakes (since 1923) were optional.

Posted by Le Photiste on 2015-04-15 12:58:48

Tagged: , Clay , Rolls-Royce Limited, Derby, England – UK , Rolls-Royce 40/50HP Silver Ghost Boattail , cr , Tulln a.d. Donau – Austria , A Photographers View , Artistic impressions , Beautiful capture , DREAMLIKE PHOTOS , Fine Gold , Hairygits Elite , In My Eyes , LOVELY FLICKR , Masters of Creative Photography , Photographic World , Roadster , Super Six bronze , The Pit Stop Shop , Wheels-Anything That Rolls , Your Best of Today , All types of transport , ANTICANDO!!! , Auto_Focus , BEST PEOPLE’S CHOICE , A feast for my eyes , The Machines , THE LOOK level 1 RED , Blink again , CAZADORES DE IMÁGENES , Remember that moment level 1 bronze , All kinds of transport , Blood sweat and gear , GEARHEADS , GREATPHOTOGRAPHERS , Cars cars and more cars , Cars cars cars , Digifoto Pro , Django’s Master , …

Ford Model A Phaeton Standard 1928* (3458)

Ford Model A Phaeton Standard 1928* (3458)

* with some model ’29 modifications like the outboard door handles

Manufacturer: Ford Motor Company, Dearborn, Michigan – U.S.A.
Type: Model A Phaeton Standard Model 35A
Production time: 1927 – 1929 (model 35A)
Production time: 1930 – 1932 (model 35B)
Production time: 1927 – 1932 (all Model A’s)
Production outlet: 97,094 (all Phaeton Standard Model 35A)
Production outlet: 20,855 (all Phaeton Standard Model 35B)
Production outlet: 4,849,340 (all Model A’s)
Engine: 3286cc straight-4 L-head
Power: 40 bhp / 2.200 rpm
Torque: 173 Nm / 1.000 rpm
Drivetrain: rear wheels
Speed: 105 km/h
Curb weight: 1020 kg
Wheelbase: 103.5 inch
Chassis: A – chassis with separate steel body
Steering: worm & sector
Gearbox: sliding three-speed manual + reverse / unsynchronised / floor shifter
Clutch: 9 inch multiple disk – dry plate
Carburettor: Zenith
Fuel tank: 38 liter
Electric system: 6 Volts
Ignition system: distributor and coil
Brakes front: mechanical internal expanding 11 inch drums
Brakes rear: mechanical internal expanding 11 inch drums
Suspension front: transverse leaf springs + Houdaille-type double-acting shock absorbers
Suspension rear: transverse, semi-elliptic leaf springs + Houdaille-type double-acting shock absorbers
Rear axle: rigid 3/4 floating type
Differential: spiral bevel
Wheels: welded Ford steel spoke
Tires: 4.5 x 30 balloon

Special:
– The exterior has design cues taken from the Lincoln ("baby Lincoln"), heavily involved by Edsel Ford.
– The Model A was the first Ford to use the standard set of driver controls with conventional clutch, throttle, gearshift and brake pedals, a new battery and ignition system, safety glass in the windshield and mechanical drum brakes on four wheels (cable operated).
– The fuel tank was located in the cowl, between the engine compartment’s fire wall and the dash panel (with visual fuel gauge) and had a comfortable "dickey-seat" (in America "rumble seat"), in the earlier "coach period" intended for the footman. If it was not used, it could be folded shut.
– The 1930 and 1931 editions came with stainless steel radiator cowling and headlamp housings.
– The Model A (also called A-Model Ford or the A, and A-bone among rodders and customizers) was available in 30 body styles and four standard colours, but not in black☺! Black however was an option.
– The Model A formed the basis for the Russian car industry (Gorkovsky Avtomobilny Zavod (NAZ/GAZ) in Nizhny Novgorod).
– Outside of the USA, the Model A was produced in plants in Argentina, Australia, Canada, Denmark, France, Germany, Ireland, Soviet Union and the United Kingdom and sold all over the world.

Posted by Le Photiste on 2016-02-22 18:17:50

Tagged: , Clay , Ford Motor Company, Dearborn, Michigan – U.S.A. , Ford Model A Phaeton Standard Model 35A , cf , 1929 , American Oldtimer , American automobile , phaeton , AR-71-86 , Sidecode-1 , Appelscha – The Netherlands , Fryslân – The Netherlands , The Netherlands , Artistic impressions , Beautiful capture , Creative Impuls , Digital Creations , Fine Gold , Hairygits Elite , LOVELY FLICKR , Masters Of Creative Photography , Photographic World …

Panhard Dyna Berline X 86 120 1952 (6366)

Panhard Dyna Berline X 86 120 1952 (6366)

Manufacturer: Société des Anciens Etablissements Panhard et Levassor, Paris – France
Type: Dyna Berline X 86 120 4CV
Production time: 1950 – 1953
Production outlet: 33,093 (all 4-door Saloon Cars)
Production time: 1948 – 1954 (all Dyna X and K Series)
Production outlet: 47,049 (all Dyna X and K Series)
Engine: 745cc SS3 horizontally-opposed twin cylinder boxer (flat-twin) type air-cooled
Power: 33 bhp / 5.000 rpm
Torque: 57 Nm / 3.000 rpm
Drivetrain: front wheels
Speed: 117 km/h
Curb weight: 645 kg
Wheelbase: 83.5 inch
Chassis: all-steel tubular frame chassis with an aluminum body
Steering: rack and pinion
Gearbox: our-speed manual gearbox with overdive (synchromesh on the upper three gears) / steering column shifter
Clutch: single plate dry disc
Carburettor: Solex 32 PBIC or Zenith 32 IN
Fuel tank: 30 liter
Electric system: 12 Volts by Ducellier or Paris- Rhône
Ignition system: distributor and coil
Brakes front: Bendix hydraulic finned aluminum drums
Brakes rear: Bendix hydraulic finned aluminum drums
Suspension front: independent upper and lower transverse leaf springs + Houdaille hydraulic shock absorbers
Suspension rear: semi-independent transverse trailing arms with a V link torsion bar + Houdaille hydraulic shock absorbers
Rear axle: rigid axle with three torsion bars on each side
Differential: spiral bevel
Wheels and ires: 135×400

Special:
– The looks were up to date (modern and aerodynamic ), but technically ahead of its time, this Dyna, codenamed “Projekt AF-G (Aluminium Français – Grégoire), designed by engineer Jean-Albert Grégoire, was at first shown (the Panhard X 84) at the 1946 Paris Motor Show.
– The name "Dyna" was selected, a reference to the Panhard Dynamic before the war.
– Increasingly baroque body decoration led to the range being nicknamed "Louis XV".
– Panhard supplier Facel-Métallon, Paris developed a new process to manufacturer its all steel tubular frame chassis and the all aluminum body in pressed sheets.
– Until Ferrari came along with the Ferrari 360 (1999), it was the only production car to feature an all-aluminum chassis.
– The wheels have no hub. They are assembled by "ears" on the aluminum brake drums.
– The Dyna Series were available as this 4-door Berline, as 3-door Commerciale (with fixed side windows), as 3-door Break (with large sliding windows and a rear seat), as 2 -door Découvrable (Convertible), as 2-door Roadster (Dyna X Junior), as Fourgonette (a closed light Van), as 5-door Limousine, as 5-door Taxi and a rare 3-door Canadienne (a closed “Woody Van” (only 1949) and only 25 units built).
– A very special Dyna is Dynavia, a teardrop shape show/ studie model to study the possibilities of streamlining. Only 2 uinits built and only 1 still excists today.
– Citroën had a minority of 25% interest in Panhard since 1955 and took over the P&L Company in 1965 and let the car brand name "vanish" in 1967.

Posted by Le Photiste on 2016-01-05 18:46:32

Tagged: , Clay , Société des Anciens Etablissements Panhard et Levassor, Paris – France , Panhard Dyna Berline X 86 120 , cp , …

Ford Product T Touring Sort T1 1912 (8059)

Ford Model T Touring Type T1 1912 (8059)

Manufacturer: Ford Motor Enterprise, Dearborn, Michigan – U.S.A.
Sort: Product T Touring Sort T1
Manufacturing time: 1908 – 1914
Manufacturing outlet: fifty,598 (1912: all Touring styles)
Manufacturing outlet: 68,773 (1912: all styles)
Manufacturing outlet: 506,225 (1908-1914: all Typ T1 styles)
Manufacturing outlet: fifteen,458,781 (1908-1927: all styles)
Motor: 2896cc straight-4 aspect valves flathead, L-block, L-head
Power: twenty bhp / one.600 rpm
Drivetrain: rear wheels
Velocity: 68 km/h
Suppress fat: 710 kg
Wheelbase: one hundred inch
Chassis: direct frame created of riveted U-steel profiles on a wooden skeleton with individual metallic planking system
Steering: planetary epicyclic gear
Gearbox: handbook two-speed planetary device with a magneto positioned in front of the flywheel (this magneto supplied ignition current generated in a established of stationary coils)
Clutch: a number of dry plate disc
Carburettor: Ford
Fuel tank: 38 liter (case gas method: gravity type, no pump)
Electric method: six Volts
Ignition method: solitary trembler coil
Brakes front: non
Brakes rear: hand-operated mechanical drums
Brakes: exterior braking on the driveshaft
Suspension front: beam axle, cross two drive rods, transversely mounted semi-elliptical springs
Suspension rear: beam axle, two cast housing halves which accommodate the differential gear and the two travel shafts, cross two drive rods, transverse leaf springs
Rear axle: live semi-floating type
Differential: shaft
Wheels: wooden Artillery type
Tires front: 30 x 3 pneumatic clincher type
Tires raer: 30 x 3½ pneumatic clincher type
Selections: “Rocky Mountain Brakes” (exterior band brakes only on the rear axle), balloon tires with steel wires reinforcing the tire bead (from 1925), steel welded-spoke wheels readily available in 1926 and 1927

Exclusive:
– On Oct one, 1908, the firm released the prosperous Ford Product T (also regarded as Tin Lizzie, Tin Lizzy, T‑Model Ford, Product T or T), intended by Childe Harold Wills, Joseph A. Galamb and Eugene Farkas.
– At initial assembled in Piquette plant and from 1910 in the Highland Park plant.
– It was Fords initial mass generation car or truck (as a substitute of person hand crafting). The chassis was drawn by personnel on a carriage trough the factory. Later, the sleds have been replaced by carts on rails and mechanically drawn (“electrical lines”).
– This was not the initial generation line with entirely interchangeable areas ever (that was Olds Motor Operates, Lansing, Michigan – Usa with the Product R Curved Sprint), but it was the initial time an whole plant labored with this method.
– The bodies have been nevertheless from other suppliers right up until 1919, notably OJ Beaudette and Kelsey.
– It was Americas initial automobile with normal left hand steering, though driving on the suitable was “the suitable way”.
– The Ts in-line motor was the initial motor with a removable cylinder head.
– The parking brake operates on the tie rods to the drum brakes on the rear axle.
– The Product T’s built prior to 1919 have been supplied with non-demountable wheels. This intended that if a flat tire occurred, the tire experienced to be eliminated from the rim and a …