Producer: Renault S.A., Boulogne-Billancourt (Parijs) France
Type: 4 R1123
Engine: 845cc straight-4
Power: 34 bhp / 5.000 rpm
Speed: a hundred and fifteen km/h
Output time: 1967 – 1980
Output time all R4: 1961 – 1993
Output outlet all R4: eight,a hundred thirty five,424
Suppress excess weight: 606 kg
Load ability: 399 kg
* These Renaults were made use of among 1973 and 1982 by the Dutch ANWB Wegenwacht (like the British “Automobile Affiliation” and the German ADAC), the most significant unexpected emergency service in case of breakdown conditions in The Netherlands.
– The very first prototype of the Renault 4 was designed in 1958.
– In 1961, the Renault 4 was offered at the Salon de l’Automobile in Paris, in the Luxurious (L) model (pronounced “Quatrelle”, which indicates “four wings”), that’s why the common title in France 4L.
– The R4 was the very first entrance-wheel generate passenger car from Renault.
– The Renault three was a very simple basic model of the Renault 4, which was designed only in 1961 and 1962, and was offered completely in France. It had the 603cc engine, no heater admirer, no door trim, no rear aspect windows, only obtainable in gray. Only two,526 models were produced.
– It was deemed to be the counterpart of the 2CV by Citroën.
– The 1961/1967 designs are recognizable at the “compact grille”.
– Whilst the R4 engine often been improved (603cc, 747cc, 845cc, 956cc and 1108cc [only GTL]), the basic principle of the car remained unchanged.
– The R4 physique was screwed to a chassis, as an alternative of a self-supporting bodywork, Various variants are hence possible (the most well known is the Fourgonnette, designed right up until 1993, and the Renault Rodéo 4, R4 Plein Air, and even pick-ups).
– All kinds has unbiased suspension on all four wheels, all with suspension by torsion bars.
– The wheelbase on the ideal aspect is 4 cm shorter than the left aspect, letting the rear torsion bar suspension to be very simple produced, without the need of impacting the managing of the car.
– In much more than 30 years creation, only 3 different kinds of dashboards were made use of, all very simple in layout.
– The gear lever distinguishes the Renault 4 from other cars, mainly because they are not on the flooring, but in the dashboard.
– The gear lever went via the dashboard, in excess of the engine and the radiator to the gearbox, the entrance of the engine compartment.
– The very first series had only a 3-speed guide gearbox, but considering the fact that 1968 a four-speed + reverse.
– The sliding windows are also normal R4.
– It was a cozy car with clean suspension and managing and a pleasurable inside with cozy seating, a strong heater and efficient ventilation.
– The very last 1,000 Renault 4’s were the “Bye-Bye” series, in which each individual car was outfitted with a amount, which had returned to 1. This series …