MG MGB GT Coupé 1969 (7907)

MG MGB GT Coupé 1969 (7907)

Manufacturer: MG Car Company Limited, Abingdon-on-Thames – United Kingdom
Type: MGB GT Mark II Coupé
Production time: mid-year 1967 – mid-year 1969
Production outlet: 15,128 (1967-1971)
Engine: 1799cc straight-4 BMC Austin B-series 1.8-litre OHV pushrod
Power: 95 bhp / 5.400 rpm
Torque: 150 Nm / 3.000 rpm
Drivetrain: rear wheels
Speed: 169 km/h
Curb weight: 1062 kg
Wheelbase: 91 inch
Chassis: all-steel unibody
Steering: cam gears rack-and-pinion
Gearbox: four-speed manual / II, III and IV synchronized / floor shift
Clutch: hydraulic Borg und Beck 8 inch single dry plate disc
Carburettor: twin SU HS4 (1.5-inch / 38-mm)
Fuel tank: 55 liter
Electric system: 12 Volts (two 6-volt batteries) 60 Ah
Ignition system: distributor and coil
Brakes front: Lockheed hydraulic 10.8 inch discs
Brakes rear: Lockheed hydraulic 10 inch drums
Suspension front: independent trapezoidal triangle cross-bar, cross braces, sway bar, coil springs + integrated Armstrong piston shock absorbers
Suspension rear: beam axle, curve stabilizer, longitudinal semi-elliptic leaf springs + Armstrong-piston shock absorbers
Rear axle: live
Differential: hypoid 3.909:1
Wheels: 4Jx14 steel discs
Tires: 5.60 – 14 Pirelli Cinturato (CA67) cross-ply
Options: Laycock-de Normanville electrically engaged overdrive gearboxes operational in third and fourth gears (by a toggle switch located on the dashboard), five-speed manual gearbox, Borg Warner BW 35 three-speed automatic transmission, heater, 4½Jx14 wire wheels

Special:
– There is some debate over when MG started. The company itself stated it to be 1924, although the first cars bore both Morris and MG badges and a reference to MG with the octagon badge appears in an Oxford newspaper from November 1923. Others dispute this and believe that MG only properly began trading in 1925.
– The first cars which were rebodied Morris models using coachwork from Carbodies of Coventry and were built in premises in Alfred Lane, Oxford but demand soon caused a move to larger premises in Bainton Road in September 1925 sharing space with the Morris radiator works. Continuing expansion meant another move in 1927 to a separate factory in Edmund Road, Cowley, Oxford, near the main Morris factory and for the first time it was possible to include a production line. In 1928 the company had become large enough to warrant an identity separate from the original Morris Garages and the M.G. Car Company Limited was established in March of that year and in October for the first time a stand was taken at the London Motor Show. Space again soon ran out and a search for a permanent home led to the lease of part an old leather factory in Abingdon, Oxfordshire in 1929, gradually taking over more space until production ended there in 1980.
– Originally owned personally by William Morris, the company was sold to Morris Motors (itself part of the Nuffield Organisation) in 1935. MG was absorbed into the British Motor Corporation in 1952, and latterly British Leyland (BL) in 1968. Under BMC, several MG models were no more than badge-engineered versions of other marques, with the main exception being the small MG sports cars.…

MG TA Midget Roadster 1936 (0235)

MG TA Midget Roadster 1936 (0235)

Manufacturer: MG Car Company Limited, Cowley – UK
Type: TA Midget Roadster
Production time: mid-year 1936 – mid-year 1939
Production outlet: 3,003
Engine: 1292cc straight-4 MPJG OHV pushrod (from the Wolseley 10)
Power: 50 bhp / 5.000 rpm
Torque: 80 Nm / 2.500 rpm
Drivetrain: rear wheels
Speed: 122 km/h
Curb weight: 1040 kg
Wheelbase: 92.5 inch
Chassis: channel sectioned wooden ash frame with a steel body
Steering: Bishop chain steering
Gearbox: four-speed manual (synchromesch on III and IV / floor shift
Clutch: single dry plate cork liner (cork-faced) running in oil
Carburettor: dual horizontal SU 1in semi-downdraft
Fuel tank: 68 liter rear-mounted slab fuel tank
Electric system: Lucas 6 Volts
Ignition system: distributor and coil
Brakes front: hydraulic 9 inch Lockheed drums
Brakes rear: hydraulic 9 inch Lockheed drums
Suspension front: beam axle, semi-elliptic leaf springs + hydraulic telescopic Luvax-Girling shock absorbers
Suspension rear: beam axle, semi-elliptic leaf springs + hydraulic telescopic Luvax-Girling shock absorbers
Rear axle: live
Differential: spiral bevel 4.875:1
Wheels: 19 inch wire wheels
Tires: 4.00 x 19
Options: spare tire on the back

Special:
– The new TA was lower, wider, more spacious and has a more comfortable cockpit than its predecessor, the PB, but still many components borrowed from Morris. The production of these sports cars was concentrated at a factory in Abingdon.
– When first introduced, this bench-type two-seater vehicle with cut-out doors, folding windscreen, a tall, square radiator, (known as the T Type and only after the advent of the TB did the TA designation come into use), could be purchased in open and closed configuration.
– Later, the open Coupé, referred to as an Airline Coupé by Carbodies Limited in Coventry (but only one or two is thought to have been made), was replaced with a Drophead style, using a soft-top.
– In 1939 there was also a successful Tickford embodiment Drophead Coupé by Salmons in Newport Pagnell, 252 units built of which presumably only a dozen survivors.
– The Cream Cracker Team became three factory TA’s with the 1600cc engine of the larger MG VA Tourer in 1937, being very successful in the hill climb races that season.
– Allan Tomlinson won the 1939 Australian Grand Prix driving an MG TA.
– The T-Series became the icon of British Sports Cars.

Posted by Le Photiste on 2017-01-21 18:41:22

Tagged: , Clay , MG Car Company Limited, Cowley – UK , MG TA Midget Roadster , cm , British Sports Car , British Car , Sports Car , Roadster , British Roadster , Elfsteden Oldtimer Rally , Rondje Gaasterland – The Netherlands , Fryslân – The Netherlands , The Netherlands , AM-24-41 , Sidecode-1 , 1936 , Artistic Impressions , Beautiful Capture , CanonFlickrAward , Creative Impuls , Digital Creations , Fine Gold , Hairygits Elite , LOVELY FLICKR , Masters Of Creative Photography , Photographic World , SOE , SIMPLY SUPERB , Simply Because , The Best Shot , The Pit Stop Shop , VIGILANT PHOTOGRAPHERS UNITE LEVEL 1 , …

Chevrolet Camaro Convertible 1967 (5055)

Chevrolet Camaro Convertible 1967 (5055)

Manufacturer: Chevrolet Division of General Motors LLC, Detroit – U.S.A.
Type: Camaro V8 Series 12400 Model 12467 (L30) Convertible
Production time: September 1966 – September 1967
Production outlet: 25,141
Engine: 5354cc GM Chevrolet Small-Block Turbo-Fire V-8 327 OHV
Power: 213 bhp / 4.800 rpm
Torque: 481 Nm / 3.200 rpm
Drivetrain: rear wheels
Speed: 184 km/h
Curb weight: 1500 kg
Wheelbase: 108 inch
Chassis: GM F-platform box frame with cross bracings and all welded steel unibody (by Fisher)
Steering: Saginaw recirculating ball race
Gearbox: Saginaw M15 three-speed manual / all synchromesh / steering column shift
Clutch: 10.4 inch single dry plate disc diaphragm spring type
Carburettor: Rochester 7037212 Quadrajet 4-barrel
Fuel tank: 70 liter
Electric system: Delco 12 Volts 61 Ah
Ignition system: distributor and coil
Brakes front: 9.50 inch Bendix Delco-Moraine hydraulic, self-adjusting drums
Brakes rear: 9.50 inch Bendix Delco-Moraine hydraulic, self-adjusting drums
Suspension front: independent ball joint, unequal length wishbones with helix Jer, trapezoidal triangle cross-bar, sway bar, coil springs + hydraulic telescopic shock absorbers
Suspension rear: beam axle Hotchkiss type, semi-elliptic leaf springs + hydraulic telescopic shock absorbers
Rear axle: live semi-floating type
Differential: hypoid : 2.73:1
Wheels: 5J x 14 inch steel discs
Tires: 7.35 x 14
Options: Saginaw-Muncie M20/M21 four-speed manual gearbox, GM Power-Glide two-speed automatic transmission, power brakes, Delco-Moraine or Kelsey-Hayes front 11 inch hydraulic disc brakes, Saginaw power steering, adjustable steering wheel, power windows, bumper guards, rear window defroster, Four-saison Air Conditioning, Comfort-Car Air Conditioning, dual exhaust sytem, Soft-Ray tinted glass, rear deck lid luggage carrier, AM/FM Stereo radio, Stereo tape system, vinyl roof cover, whitewall tires

Special:
– Chevrolet was co-founded by Louis Chevrolet and William C. Durant. Louis Chevrolet was a race-car driver, born on December 25, 1878, in La Chaux de Fonds, Switzerland. William Durant, founder of General Motors, had been forced out of GM in 1910 and wanted to use Louis Chevrolet’s designs to rebuild his own reputation as a force in the automobile industry. As head of Buick Motor Company, prior to founding GM, Durant had hired Chevrolet to drive Buicks in promotional races.
– By 1916 Chevrolet was profitable enough to allow Durant to buy a majority of shares in GM. After the deal was completed in 1917, Durant was president of General Motors and Chevrolet was merged into GM, becoming a separate division.
– The name “Camaro” was conceived by Chevrolet merchandising manager Bob Lund and General Motors vice president Ed Rollett, while they were reading the book Heath’s French and English Dictionary by James Boïelle and by de V. Payen-Payne printed in 1936. It states that Mr. Lund and Mr. Rollett found the word “camaro” in the French-English dictionary was slang, to mean friend, pal, or comrade.
– In fact, the actual French word that has that meaning is "camarade", from which the English word "comrade" is derived and not "camaro"; "camaro" is not a recognized word in the French language.
– The Camaro (code-named Panther) was first shown at a press preview in Detroit, …

Morris Fabric Minor Saloon 1929 (1749)

Morris Fabric Minor Saloon 1929 (1749)

Manufacturer: Morris Motors Limited, Cowley, Oxford, Oxfordshire, UK
Type: Fabric Minor Saloon (M11282) Series 1
Production time: 1928 – 1932
Production outlet: 39,087 (including commercials)
Engine: 847cc straight-4 SOHC (by Wolseley)
Power: 20 bhp / 4.000 rpm
Drivetrain: rear wheels
Speed: 88 km/h
Curb weight: 670 kg
Wheelbase: 78 inch
Chassis: channel-section steel ladder type and ash wood frame with steel skin
Steering: Bishop cam
Gearbox: three-speed manual + reverse / non-synchromesh / floor shift
Clutch: Morris single dry plate 61/2in diam
Carburettor: SU 7/8in diam
Fuel tank: 25 liter
Electric system: Lucas 6 Volts
Ignition system: Lucas D4A, DS4 or D41 distributor and coil
Brakes front: mechanical cable 8 inch drum brakes
Brakes rear: mechanical cable 8 inch drum brakes
Suspension front: rigid axle with semi-elliptic leaf springs + single action friction dampers
Suspension rear: rigid with semi-elliptic leaf springs + single action friction dampers
Rear axle: live
Differential: spiral bevel
Wheels: 3 stud bolt-on 3.50 x 19 inch wire
Tires: 400 x 19 inch crossply
Options: safety glass (by Triplex)

Special:
– William Richard Morris (Lord Nuffield) introduced some of Henry Ford’s production line methods in Britain in 1924 and became Britains largest car facturer in the mid ‘20s.
– The Minor was introduced at the 1928 London Motor Show, Olympia, Morris’s belated riposte to the Austin Seven (1922-1939). Only this Fabric Saloon and a Tourer were available in 1928. From 1930 the other models were offered.
– Chassis and drive train have been designed by a subsidiary, “EC Wrigley & Co Limited”, a gear manufacturer in Soho, Birmingham, that Morris had bought after bankruptcy and renamed "Morris Commercial Cars".
– The engine has been largely redesigned at Wolseley (founded by Herbert Austin), a company personally owned by William Morris. Engine, clutch and gearbox mounted as a unit at four points on rubber washers.
– The engine was expensive to produce and often had to contend with oil in the generator, so that in 1931 a simpler side-valve motor was designed, which is almost the same performance: 19 bhp at 4.000 rpm. “the £100 motor-car”. Until 1932 both versions were manufactured parallel (47,231 units built).
– The Minor Series 1 was available as this two-doo Fabric Saloon, as two-door four-seater Tourer, as two-seater Sports, as four-door Family Saloon, as Sports Coupé, as 5cwt Van and as rolling chassis for various customs, like a two-door Coachbuilt Saloon and a four-door Coachbuilt Saloon.

Posted by Le Photiste on 2016-03-20 21:28:20

Tagged: , Clay , Morris Motors Limited, Cowley, Oxford, Oxfordshire, UK , Morris Fabric Minor Saloon , Morris Fabric Minor Saloon (M11282) Series 1 , cm , 1929 , William Richard Morris , Lord Nuffield , British Car , RED MANIA , RED , Vianen – The Netherlands , The Netherlands , Artistic impressions , Beautiful capture , Creative Impuls , Digital Creations , Fine Gold , Hairygits Elite , LOVELY FLICKR , Masters Of Creative Photography , Photographic World , Sexy , The Pit Stop Shop , VIGILANT PHOTOGRAPHERS …

Ford DeLuxe V8 Coupé 1947 (2628)

Ford DeLuxe V8 Coupé 1947 (2628)

Manufacturer: Ford Motor Company, Dearborn, Michigan – U.S.A.
Type: DeLuxe V8 Series 79A Coupé
Production time: January 1947 – November 1947
Production outlet: 10,872
Engine: 3923cc Ford Flathead 239 V-8
Power: 100 bhp / 3.800 rpm
Torque: 244 Nm / 2.000 rpm
Drivetrain: rear wheels
Speed: 129 km/h
Curb weight: 1520 kg
Wheelbase: 114 inch
Chassis: rigid X-frame with 4 crossmembers and separate all-steel body
Steering: worm & roller
Gearbox: three-speed selective sliding manual / II and III synchronized / steering column shift
Clutch: 10 inch single dry plate disc
Carburettor: Holley 94 2-barrel downdraft
Fuel tank: 64 liter
Electric system: Ford 6 Volts 110 Ah
Ignition system: distributor and coil
Brakes front: 12 inch internal expanding hydraulic drums self-centering type
Brakes rear: 12 inch internal expanding hydraulic drums self-centering type
Suspension front: rigid axle, torsion stabilizers, transverse “slow action” leaf springs + double-acting hydraulic shock absorbers
Suspension rear: beam axle, torsion stabilizers, transverse “slow action” semi-elliptic leaf springs + double-acting hydraulic shock absorbers
Rear axle: live 3/4 floating type
Differential: spiral bevel 3.54:1
Wheels: 16 x 4.5
Tires: 6 x 16 4-ply
Options: Ford Adjust-O-Matic Radio with food control and Touch-Bar Tuning, hydralic windows, heater, defroster, electric dash clock, leather interior, spotlight, white sidewall tires, dual white wall tires with trim rings, wire wheels, cigar lighter, spider hub caps, banjo-spike steering wheel, dual side-view mirrors, fog lamps, full carpeting, dual cowl-mounted lights, maple wood grain dash appliqué

Special:
– Ford was launched in a converted factory in 1903 with $28,000 in cash from twelve investors, most notably John Francis Dodge and Horace Elgin Dodge who would later found the Dodge Brothers Motor Vehicle Company.
– Henry Ford was 40 years old when he founded the Ford Motor Company, which would go on to become one of the largest and most profitable companies in the world, the largest family-controlled company in the world, as well as being one of the few to survive the Great Depression.
– The Victoria Model 18 V8, the first V-8 Model, was styled by Edsel Ford, Henry’s son in 1932. This one-year-only model (called the Deuce”) bore a marked resemblance to the Lincoln of the same year, which had also been designed under the direction of Edsel Ford.
– The later V8 Series was redesigned by E.T. “Bob” Gregorie, Ford’s first design chief. The 1936 models were given a front-end restyle by Holden “Bob” Koto, of Briggs Manufacturing Company, Detroit (Michigan).
– The U.S. War Department had officially forbade work not directly related to the war effort.
– So with the same body as before the war (carry-overs from the 1942 models), in 1946 two Series appeared again: the DeLuxe and the Super DeLuxe. The DeLuxe Series was Ford’s cheapest car in Europe.
– After the war, these pre-war model cars (slightly restyled) were rationed in Europe. European customers were glad they could buy a new car.
– The 1947 Ford DeLuxe V8 Series 79A was available as this 2-door Coupé, as 2-door Tudor Sedan …