Manufacturer: Buick Motor Division / General Motors, Buick Motor Division, Flint, Michigan – USA
Type: Series 40 Special 46 S Model 41
Engine: 4064cc straight-8
Power: 126 bhp / 3.400 rpm
Speed: 130 km/h
Production time: 1941 – 1942
Production outlet: 91,138
Production outlet: 238,618 (all Series 40 Special)
Curb weight: 1762 kg
– The Series 40 is based on Buicks "Y-Job project" (1938) and designed by Harley J. Earl (Styling Division) and was the automobile industry’s first concept car (the first car built by a mass manufacturer for the sole purpose of determining the public’s reaction to new design ideas).
– The "Y-Job" styling included the vertical waterfall grille design still used by Buick today.
– The ’41 models were again all new, with the front fenders now very closely integrated into the cars overall design.
– Production ended on 4 February 1942.
– It has a Carter Dual Compound carburettor, a three-speed "Wilson Preselect" sliding column controls (shaft drive) or a two-speed automatic gearbox with rear wheel drive.
– The suspension was comprised of semi-elliptic springs and Lovejoy hydraulic shock absorbers.
– Options includes a heater, defroster, radio, special trim, special order Lancaster Gray paint and a leather interior.
– After WWII production restarted with the pre-war B-body (’42 model).
– The name ‘Series 40’ would stick with Buick until 1959, when a new series naming scheme was introduced.
Tagged: , Buick Motor Division / General Motors, Buick Motor Division, Flint, Michigan – USA , Buick Series 40 Special 46 S Model 41 , cb , Y-Job project (1938) , Harley J. Earl , a feast for my eyes , auto_focus , All types of transport , A Photographers View , Artistic impressions , blinkagain , Build your rainbow , beautiful capture , Creative Photo Group , Creative impuls , Creative Artists Cafe , Cars cars and more cars , Cars Cars Cars , digifoto Pro , Django’s Master , damn cool photographers , Digital Creations , DREAMLIKE PHOTOS , Friends Forever , FotoArtCircle , Fan de Voitures , Fine gold , greatphotographers , gearheads , In My Eyes , ineffable , I like it , Love it , LOVELY FLICKR , Living with Multiple Sclerosis (MS) , my_gear_and_me , Masters of Creative Photography , My Friends Pictures , MAGIC MOMENTS IN YOUR LIFE , Nice as it gets , Photographic World , PHOTOGRAPHERS , Photoshop Artists , paint creations , Photo Art , Planet Earth Transport , Planet Earth Back In The Day , SIMPLY SUPERB , PRO PHOTO , Remember that moment Level 1 , Saariy’sQualityPictures , SOE , Super Six bronze , Super Six , showroom , Show Case , Soul O Photography , The Look Level red , The Best Shot , The Pit Stop Shop , Transport of all kinds , The Machines , VIGILANT PHOTOGRAPHERS UNITE , Wheels-Anything That Rolls , AR-42-74 , Sidecode-1 , worldcars …