Manufacturer: Ford Motor Enterprise, Dearborn, Michigan – U.S.A.
Sort: Product T Touring Sort T1
Manufacturing time: 1908 – 1914
Manufacturing outlet: fifty,598 (1912: all Touring styles)
Manufacturing outlet: 68,773 (1912: all styles)
Manufacturing outlet: 506,225 (1908-1914: all Typ T1 styles)
Manufacturing outlet: fifteen,458,781 (1908-1927: all styles)
Motor: 2896cc straight-4 aspect valves flathead, L-block, L-head
Power: twenty bhp / one.600 rpm
Drivetrain: rear wheels
Velocity: 68 km/h
Suppress fat: 710 kg
Wheelbase: one hundred inch
Chassis: direct frame created of riveted U-steel profiles on a wooden skeleton with individual metallic planking system
Steering: planetary epicyclic gear
Gearbox: handbook two-speed planetary device with a magneto positioned in front of the flywheel (this magneto supplied ignition current generated in a established of stationary coils)
Clutch: a number of dry plate disc
Fuel tank: 38 liter (case gas method: gravity type, no pump)
Electric method: six Volts
Ignition method: solitary trembler coil
Brakes front: non
Brakes rear: hand-operated mechanical drums
Brakes: exterior braking on the driveshaft
Suspension front: beam axle, cross two drive rods, transversely mounted semi-elliptical springs
Suspension rear: beam axle, two cast housing halves which accommodate the differential gear and the two travel shafts, cross two drive rods, transverse leaf springs
Rear axle: live semi-floating type
Wheels: wooden Artillery type
Tires front: 30 x 3 pneumatic clincher type
Tires raer: 30 x 3½ pneumatic clincher type
Selections: “Rocky Mountain Brakes” (exterior band brakes only on the rear axle), balloon tires with steel wires reinforcing the tire bead (from 1925), steel welded-spoke wheels readily available in 1926 and 1927
– On Oct one, 1908, the firm released the prosperous Ford Product T (also regarded as Tin Lizzie, Tin Lizzy, T‑Model Ford, Product T or T), intended by Childe Harold Wills, Joseph A. Galamb and Eugene Farkas.
– At initial assembled in Piquette plant and from 1910 in the Highland Park plant.
– It was Fords initial mass generation car or truck (as a substitute of person hand crafting). The chassis was drawn by personnel on a carriage trough the factory. Later, the sleds have been replaced by carts on rails and mechanically drawn (“electrical lines”).
– This was not the initial generation line with entirely interchangeable areas ever (that was Olds Motor Operates, Lansing, Michigan – Usa with the Product R Curved Sprint), but it was the initial time an whole plant labored with this method.
– The bodies have been nevertheless from other suppliers right up until 1919, notably OJ Beaudette and Kelsey.
– It was Americas initial automobile with normal left hand steering, though driving on the suitable was “the suitable way”.
– The Ts in-line motor was the initial motor with a removable cylinder head.
– The parking brake operates on the tie rods to the drum brakes on the rear axle.
– The Product T’s built prior to 1919 have been supplied with non-demountable wheels. This intended that if a flat tire occurred, the tire experienced to be eliminated from the rim and a …