Producer: Riley Motors Restricted / British Motor Corporation Restricted (BMC), Longbridge – British isles
Style: ELF MK II
Engine: 998cc straight-4 (by Cooper)
Electrical power: forty one bhp / five.250 rpm
Speed: 122 km/h
Production time: 1962 – 1966
Production outlet: 17,816
Control fat: 670 kg
– It can be a variant of the authentic Mini, designated by Leonard Lord as project ADO15 (Amalgamated Drawing Business office project number 15).
– The Riley ELF, as perfectly as the Wolseley Hornet stablemate, have been concurrently released in 1961.
– Created as much more luxurious variations of the Mini (a higher quality of interior trim and much more external chrome), equally the ELF and the Hornet experienced more time, a little finned rear wings, distinct fronts and much larger boots that gave the cars a much more classic three-box structure.
– The interior has a entire-width wood veneer dashboard.
– It has a four-pace handbook gearbox (flooring lever), frontwheel drive, one particular SU carburettor and drum brakes (twin major brake shoes on entrance).
– In Could 1965 an Computerized transmission was released.
– The ELF and Hornet have been the very first “Mini’s” to aspect roll-up home windows (1966), face-degree air flow, remote gearchange linkage and deleted external doorway hinges (1966).
– As in early pre-war models, the ELF was the sporty model.
– The noticeable variation between the Elf and the Hornet is the entrance grille.
The Hornet has a badge at the top rated on the grille, which is illuminated with the lights. The Elf does not have this illuminated badge.
– Sir Alec Issigonis, the designer of the authentic Mini, was “not amused”. He imagined it was awful.
– There have been three collection between 1961 and 1969:
* MK I: 1961-1962 / 848cc / three,522 ELFs / three,166 Hornets
* MK II: 1962-1966 / 998cc / 17,816 ELFs / sixteen,785 Hornets
* MK III: 1966-1969 / 998cc / 9,574 ELFs / eight,504 Hornets
* 30,912 ELFs in full
* 28,455 Hornets in full
Additional to the gallery www.flickr.com/images/powi/galleries/72157633483886807
Additional to the gallery www.flickr.com/images/powi/galleries/72157634422460931
Tagged: , Riley Motors Restricted , British Motor Corporation Restricted (BMC), Longbridge – British isles , Riley ELF MK II , project ADO15 (Amalgamated Drawing Business office project number 15) , Leonard Lord , Sir Alec Issigonis , a feast for my eyes , auto_concentrate , All forms of transportation , A Photographers Check out , blinkagain , beautiful capture , Make your rainbow , Cars cars and much more cars , Cars Cars Cars , Inventive impuls , digifoto Pro , DREAMLIKE Pics , damn great photographers , Django’s Grasp , Digital Creations , electronic artwork function , Pals Eternally , FotoArtCircle , Supporter de Voitures , Fine gold , gearheads , greatphotographers , I like it , ineffable , Love it , Pretty FLICKR , Residing with Many Sclerosis (MS) , my_equipment_and_me , My Pals Photographs , Masters of Inventive Images , MAGIC Times IN …