Producer: Industrieverband Fahrzeugbau Zwickau (IFA) / V.E.B, Zwickau / A.W.E. Eisenach – East Germany (DDR / GDR)
Engine: 901cc straight-three two-stroke motor
Ability: 28 bhp / three.600 rpm
Pace: 110 km/h
Production time: 1949 – 1956
Production outlet: forty,663
Curb bodyweight: 860 kg
– Following WW II the East Germans (Russian profession zone) identified a ’39 prototype (with a new straight-three / two-stroke motor in the former DKW factories and offered that auto as the F8 at the 1948 Leipziger Messe.
– Much more than a yr later the F9 was offered.
– The initially one,880 units were created in Zwickau, at the former AUDI-factories. The later cars (1953) in Eisenach (A.W.E., interior designation EMW 309).
– From 1951 a Convertible (one,330 units) was offered, a Kombi from 1953-1956 (three,005 units), just a couple of Cabrio-Limousine (1953 fastened sides and retractable roof) and even some Select-Ups (Lieferwagen).
– This F9 with the straight-three motor did appear a few years before in output than its western counterpart, the DKW F91 (896cc straight-three 1953-1955).
– The F9 was a preferred auto and was exported a lot.
– It has front wheel travel (like the pre-war DKW), a BVF H32/ carburettor and a four-speed guide gearbox.
– The radiator was mounted behind the motor (give up uncommon for a drinking water-cooled motor), just like the (later) DKW F91.
– The front suspension has delta wishbones, transverse leaf spring higher than hydraulic piston shock absorbers, whilst the rear suspension has a rigid tubular axle, trailing arms, transverse leaf spring higher than hydraulic piston shock absorbers.
– The equipment lever was mounted into the dashboard.
– The later ’54 types had extra energy (thirty bhp / three.800 rpm), significant windshield with out middle bar, significant panoramic rear window (also with out bar), a forty Liter gas tank in the back and a modified ignition process and cylinder head.
– The IFA F9 was the last to be created cars in the GDR with suicide doors.
– In 1955 the Wartburg 311 was offered as its successor, based on the F9, with its motor and chassis, but it had a new four-door body.
Posted by Le Photiste on 2014-06-22 fourteen:19:fourteen
Tagged: , Industrieverband Fahrzeugbau Zwickau (IFA) / V.E.B, Zwickau / A.W.E. Eisenach – East Germany (DDR / GDR) , IFA F9 , ci , a feast for my eyes , auto_focus , All styles of transport , A Photographers View , Inventive impressions , blinkagain , Construct your rainbow , wonderful seize , Blood, Sweat and Gear , Imaginative Photograph Team , Imaginative impuls , Imaginative Artists Cafe , Cars cars and extra cars , Cars Cars Cars , digifoto Professional , Django’s Master , damn interesting photographers , Digital Creations , DREAMLIKE Pics , Close friends Endlessly , FotoArtCircle , Fine gold , Supporter de Voitures , gearheads , greatphotographers , German Car , ineffable , I like it , In My Eyes , Enjoy it , Pretty FLICKR , Residing with …