Remote-controlled (RC) vehicles are fantastic miniature versions of cars, monster trucks, boats and helicopters. From electric-powered to petrol-driven models, you can find all sorts of RC toys best suited for your level of experience and skills.
While electric RC boats or cars are ideal for those just starting out in the hobby, we best recommend nitro RC vehicles for more skilled drivers and sophisticated enthusiasts.
One reason why nitro RC cars or helicopters are a must-have is their performance. They operate and sound like actual vehicles, only much smaller. In addition to creative physical designs, nitro vehicles also produce engine sounds and smoke, just like their life-sized counterparts. They also deliver beautiful presentations, being able to glide smoothly or run in high speeds. And that’s just the tip of the iceberg.
Here are the other top advantages:
- Mechanical sound and vehicular fumes offer a realistic experience for users.
- Running time is longer lasting and virtually unlimited, depending on your fuel supply and driving habits.
- Compared to brushed electric models, nitro vehicles come in 2-cycle gas engines or large nitro motors that make them more powerful and run much, much faster.
- For the savvy hobbyists, it provides an opportunity to develop and improve one’s mechanical skills.
It is important to be well-informed on what you will be getting before you purchase an RC model, or any product for that matter. To know if a nitro remote control car or boat is right for you, you’ve to consider also the following disadvantages:
- They are an advanced type of RC vehicles, and are designed for more experienced owners and operators.
- This type of model can also take considerable time to break-in and require high maintenance.
- They are built and designed to run in outdoor environments, not ideal for indoor use.
- When running, it produces a lot of noise and vehicular smoke. This might not be pleasant for the neighbours.
- Nitro vehicles don’t come with a reverse option.
- Depending on the circumstances, nitro fuel might not be easily accessible in your location.
As with other products available in the market, nitro RC vehicles are not for everyone. If you are a beginner in the hobby, it would be best for you to start looking into other models that are electric-powered. They are much easier to operate and more user-friendly.
For a more adventurous and experienced enthusiasts, the nitro-powered remote control models would be a great choice to go.