Producer: Citroën S.A., Groupe PSA Peugeot Citroën, Saint-Ouen – France
Variety: 11CV Traction Avant
Engine: 1911cc straight-4
Electrical power: fifty six bhp / three.800 rpm
Pace: 118 km/h
Production time: 1939 – 1957
Production time: 1934 – 1957 (all TA’s)
Production outlet: 248,597
Production outlet: 759,111 (all TA’s)
Curb excess weight: 1110 kg
– The Traction Avant is made by André Lefèbvre (spiritual father) and Flaminio Bertoni (remaining design and style) and was the initial mass generated front drive and fully welded unibody building vehicle in the world.
– The first prepare was to developed the TA with an computerized gearbox. The initial generation computerized gearboxes experienced “big problems” and was nicknamed “Friteuse” (‘Fryer’), because it boiled continually the oil in it.
– The engineers cobbled jointly (emergency measure and redesigned inside three weeks!) a handbook three-velocity gearbox (column/dash change), rarely fitted in the first housing of the computerized transmission. It remained the TA’s weak location.
– It also has independently suspended front wheels and suspension by torsion bars, hydraulic brakes (Lockheed procedure) and from 1936 rack and pinion steering.
– The engines have been outfitted with overhead valves, pretty progressive for its time, with damp, replaceable cylinder bushes.
– While the ingenious composition dating from 1934, it remained in manufacturing until 1957. And not because there was no successor (DS 1955), but merely because there have been continue to far too lots of “supporters” of this vehicle.
– It could be sent as “7CV’, 11BL “Légère” (as Sedan, Cabrio and Faux-Cabrio), 11BN “Normale” (as Sedan, Cabrio en Faux-Cabrio), 11BC “Commerciale” (with massive tailgate), 11BF “Familiale” (with six aspect home windows and folding chairs (“strapontins”), “Limousine” (without folding chairs), 15/6F, 15/6C (six cylinder luxury variations) with a trunk or a spare wheel at the back.
– The 7-collection is generated until 1939.
– Coupes and Convertibles have been only developed just before WWII.
– All through the 23 several years of manufacturing, the war several years incorporated, only a several notable alterations to the Traction Avant have been used. The most conspicuous is the modification of July 1952, when the spare wheel disappeared less than the trunk as a substitute of the common ‘wheel’ back.
– On that occasion the windscreen wipers moved to the bottom of the windshield and bumpers grew to become the straihgt instead than the sleek “mustaches” of yesteryear.
– Technically only modest modifications have been manufactured, but in no way drastic, for instance compression ratio of the motor by enhancing petrol.
– To the urgent simply call of lots of shoppers to a a lot more sturdy gearbox with four clutches, to a much less inclined driveshafts and a a lot more sturdy and much less intricate front suspension was in no way presented a simply call by Citroën. They have been fascinated in enhancing the TA. Only in developing their types of the upcoming: the 2CV (1948) and the DS (1955).
– The Traction Avants have been generated in Paris (France), in Cologne (Germany), Copenhagen (Denmark), in Vorst (Belgium) and in Slough (United Kingdom, suitable-hand drive).
– Some prototypes with 22CV (a hundred bhp) V8 engines have been exhibited at the Paris Motor Clearly show in October 1934. Citroën experienced a dozen of these distinctive cars generated.
– The 22, even so, in no way went into manufacturing and when Citroën was taken over by Michelin in 1935 (bankrupt), the prototypes experienced been transformed to regular types 11.
– The tale / rumor goes that some copies of the 22 continue to been sent to shoppers. In which these cars have been and what happened to it, is just one of the terrific mysteries surrounding the Traction Avant.
Tagged: , Clay , Citroën S.A., Groupe PSA Peugeot Citroën, Saint-Ouen – France , Citroén 11CV Traction Avant , cc , Lelystad – The Netherlands , Sidecode-1 , AE-fifty two-48 , a feast for my eyes , Automobile_Concentrate , A Photographers See , All sorts of transport , Creative impressions , blinkagain , wonderful seize , Blood, Sweat and Equipment , Imaginative Picture Team , Imaginative impuls , Imaginative Artists Cafe , Cars cars and a lot more cars , Cars Cars Cars , digifoto Pro , Django’s Master , damn neat photographers , Electronic Creations , DREAMLIKE Shots , FotoArtCircle , Buddies Without end , Good gold , Admirer de Voitures , French , gearheads , Wonderful Photographers , ineffable , I like it , In My Eyes , infiniteXposure , Like it , Pretty FLICKR , Dwelling with Many Sclerosis (MS) , my_equipment_and_me , Masters of Imaginative Photography , My Buddies Shots , MAGIC Moments IN YOUR Daily life , Awesome as it receives , Nederland , Photographic World , PHOTOGRAPHERS , Photoshop Artists , paint creations , Picture Artwork , Earth Earth Transportation , Earth Earth Back again In The Working day , Pro Picture , Bear in mind that moment Level 1 , Bear in mind that moment , Saariy’sQualityPictures , Simply just Outstanding , SOE , Super 6 bronze , Super 6 , showroom , Soul O Photography , sluggish journey , The Netherlands , The Glance Level Purple , The Ideal Shot , The Pit Stop Store , Transportation of all kinds , The Equipment , universal , VIGILANT PHOTOGRAPHERS UNITE , World of information , Wheels-Anything That Rolls