Manufacturer: Chevrolet Division of General Motors LLC, Detroit – U.S.A.
Type: Camaro V8 Series 12400 Model 12467 (L30) Convertible
Production time: September 1966 – September 1967
Production outlet: 25,141
Engine: 5354cc GM Chevrolet Small-Block Turbo-Fire V-8 327 OHV
Power: 213 bhp / 4.800 rpm
Torque: 481 Nm / 3.200 rpm
Drivetrain: rear wheels
Speed: 184 km/h
Curb weight: 1500 kg
Wheelbase: 108 inch
Chassis: GM F-platform box frame with cross bracings and all welded steel unibody (by Fisher)
Steering: Saginaw recirculating ball race
Gearbox: Saginaw M15 three-speed manual / all synchromesh / steering column shift
Clutch: 10.4 inch single dry plate disc diaphragm spring type
Carburettor: Rochester 7037212 Quadrajet 4-barrel
Fuel tank: 70 liter
Electric system: Delco 12 Volts 61 Ah
Ignition system: distributor and coil
Brakes front: 9.50 inch Bendix Delco-Moraine hydraulic, self-adjusting drums
Brakes rear: 9.50 inch Bendix Delco-Moraine hydraulic, self-adjusting drums
Suspension front: independent ball joint, unequal length wishbones with helix Jer, trapezoidal triangle cross-bar, sway bar, coil springs + hydraulic telescopic shock absorbers
Suspension rear: beam axle Hotchkiss type, semi-elliptic leaf springs + hydraulic telescopic shock absorbers
Rear axle: live semi-floating type
Differential: hypoid : 2.73:1
Wheels: 5J x 14 inch steel discs
Tires: 7.35 x 14
Options: Saginaw-Muncie M20/M21 four-speed manual gearbox, GM Power-Glide two-speed automatic transmission, power brakes, Delco-Moraine or Kelsey-Hayes front 11 inch hydraulic disc brakes, Saginaw power steering, adjustable steering wheel, power windows, bumper guards, rear window defroster, Four-saison Air Conditioning, Comfort-Car Air Conditioning, dual exhaust sytem, Soft-Ray tinted glass, rear deck lid luggage carrier, AM/FM Stereo radio, Stereo tape system, vinyl roof cover, whitewall tires
– Chevrolet was co-founded by Louis Chevrolet and William C. Durant. Louis Chevrolet was a race-car driver, born on December 25, 1878, in La Chaux de Fonds, Switzerland. William Durant, founder of General Motors, had been forced out of GM in 1910 and wanted to use Louis Chevrolet’s designs to rebuild his own reputation as a force in the automobile industry. As head of Buick Motor Company, prior to founding GM, Durant had hired Chevrolet to drive Buicks in promotional races.
– By 1916 Chevrolet was profitable enough to allow Durant to buy a majority of shares in GM. After the deal was completed in 1917, Durant was president of General Motors and Chevrolet was merged into GM, becoming a separate division.
– The name “Camaro” was conceived by Chevrolet merchandising manager Bob Lund and General Motors vice president Ed Rollett, while they were reading the book Heath’s French and English Dictionary by James Boïelle and by de V. Payen-Payne printed in 1936. It states that Mr. Lund and Mr. Rollett found the word “camaro” in the French-English dictionary was slang, to mean friend, pal, or comrade.
– In fact, the actual French word that has that meaning is "camarade", from which the English word "comrade" is derived and not "camaro"; "camaro" is not a recognized word in the French language.
– The Camaro (code-named Panther) was first shown at a press preview in Detroit, Michigan, on September 12, 1966.
– This first generation Camaro’s (1966-1969) went on sale on September 29, 1966, for the 1967 model year and was designed as a competing model to the Ford Mustang.
– It shared its platform and major components with the Pontiac Firebird, also introduced for 1967.
– The 1967 Chevrolet Camaro V8 Series 12400 (L30) was available as this 2-door Convertible and as 2-door 12437 Sport Coupé (160,648 units built).
Tagged: , Clay , Chevrolet Division of General Motors LLC, Detroit – U.S.A. , Chevrolet Camaro Convertible , cc , Chevrolet Camaro V8 Series 12400 Model 12467 (L30) Convertible , American Convertible , American Luxury Car , King Cruise Amsterdam , Amsterdam – The Netherlands , The Netherlands , Simply Blue , Convertible , Artistic Impressions , Beautiful Capture , CanonFlickrAward , Creative Impuls , Digital Creations , Fine Gold , Hairygits Elite , LOVELY FLICKR , Masters Of Creative Photography , Nice As It Gets , Photographic World , SOE , SIMPLY SUPERB , Simply Because , The Best Shot , The Pit Stop Shop , VIGILANT PHOTOGRAPHERS UNITE , VIVID&STRIKING , WOW , Wheels-Anything That Rolls , Your Best Of Today , A photographers view , All types of transport , ANTICANDO!!! , Auto_Focus , BEST PEOPLE’S CHOICE , A feast for my eyes , The Machines , THE LOOK level 1 RED , Blink again , CAZADORES DE IMÁGENES , All kinds of transport , Blood Sweat and Gears , GEARHEADS , GREATPHOTOGRAPHERS , Old cars , Cars cars cars , Digifoto Pro , Django’s Master , Damn cool photographers , FAIR PLAY , Friends Forever , InfiniteXposure , IQ – Image Quality , Give me 5 , Living with Multiple Sclerosis (MS) , My friends pictures , PHOTOGRAPHERS , Planet Earth Transport , Planet Earth back in the day , Pro Photo , Slow ride , Showcase Images , Groupe Charlie , PhotoMix , Saariy’sQualityPictures , Transport of all kinds , The Red Group , Interesting , Ineffable , Fan de Voitures , Moments in your life , Simply The Best