Manufacturer: Chevrolet Division of General Motors LLC, Detroit – U.S.A.
Type: Bel Air Series 1BK model 1K69 4-door Sedan
Production time: September 1974 – September 1975
Production outlet: 13,168
Engine: 5733cc GM Chevrolet L65 (Small-Block V-8 350)
Power: 145 bhp / 3.800 rpm
Torque: 339 Nm / 2.200 rpm
Drivetrain: rear wheel drive
Speed: 165 km/h
Curb weight: 2025 kg
Wheelbase: 121.5 inch
Chassis: GM B-platform box frame with crossbars and all-steel unibody (by Fisher)
Steering: ball-race servo control variable-ratio power
Gearbox: GM Turbo Hydramatic three-speed automatic transmission / steering column shift
Clutch: not applicable
Carburettor: Rochester 2GV dual downdraft
Fuel tank: 98 liter
Electric system: distributor and coil
Ignition system: 12 Volts 61 Ah
Brakes front: 11.86 inch servo-assisted hydraulic discs
Brakes rear: 11 inch hydraulic self-adjusting drums
Suspension front: independent ball joint, Cross-link with elastically mounted tension strut, upper trapezoid triangle cross-bars, lower single cross-bars, sway bar, coil springs +
Suspension rear: beam axle, coil link system, posterior longitudinal axis with helical springs, lower longitudinal guide arms and upper differential slanting braces +
Rear axle: live semi-floating type
Differential: hypoid 3.08:1
Wheels: 6K – 15 inch steel discs
Tires: HR78 x 15B
Options: 6573cc GM Chevrolet Small-Block V-8 400 petrol engine, 7443cc GM Chevrolet L-series 454 V-8 (big-block) petrol engine, power windows, power brakes, power seats, 50/50 reclining passenger seat, power door locks, power trunk opener, comfort-tilt steering wheel, adjustable steering wheel, remote control outside rear view mirrors, AM/FM Stereo radio with tape system, rear seat speaker, Four-Season Air Conditioning, Soft-Ray tinted glass, intermittent windshield whiper system, rear window defogger, auxiliary lighting, econominder gauge package, Cruise-Master speed control, custom DeLuxe seat belts, DeLuxe wheel covers, Rally wheels, body side molding, white stripe steel-belted radial ply tires, DeLuxe bumpers, bumper guards, colour-keyed floor mats
– Chevrolet was co-founded by Louis Chevrolet and William C. Durant. Louis Chevrolet was a race-car driver, born on December 25, 1878, in La Chaux de Fonds, Switzerland. William Durant, founder of General Motors, had been forced out of GM in 1910 and wanted to use Louis Chevrolet’s designs to rebuild his own reputation as a force in the automobile industry. As head of Buick Motor Company, prior to founding GM, Durant had hired Chevrolet to drive Buicks in promotional races.
– By 1916 Chevrolet was profitable enough to allow Durant to buy a majority of shares in GM. After the deal was completed in 1917, Durant was president of General Motors and Chevrolet was merged into GM, becoming a separate division.
– When the Biscayne was discontinued after 1972, the Bel Air was demoted to the low-level model.
– This seventh generation Bel Air (1971-1975) was the last production Series of the Bel Air in the USA.
– Canada introduced the eighth generation Bel Air (1977-1981), being a Canadian market-only 2-door Hardtop: the Bel Air Sport Coupé, based on the Impala Sport Coupé assembled in Baltimore, Maryland (USA), Flint, Michigan (USA) and in Oshawa, Ontario (Canada).
– In 2002, a concept Bel Air Convertible was shown at the North American International Auto Show. General Motors has shown no interest in producing the car.
– The 1975 Bel Air Series 1BK was available as this 4-door Sedan, as 1K35 Station Wagon 2-seat and as 1K45 Station Wagon 3-seat (total 58,529 units built from both models).
– They were assembled in Arlington, Texas (USA), Flint, Michigan (USA), (Flint Assembly), South Gate, California, (South Gate Assembly) United States, Baltimore, Maryland, (Baltimore Assembly) United States and in Oshawa, Ontario, Canada (Oshawa Car Assembly).
Tagged: , Clay , Chevrolet Division of General Motors LLC, Detroit – U.S.A. , Chevrolet Bel Air Sedan , cc , Chevrolet Bel Air Series 1BK model 1K69 4-door Sedan , American Luxury Car , 1975 , King Cruise Amsterdam , Amsterdam – The Netherlands , The Netherlands , 22-FA-01 , Sidecode-3 , CWODLP , Simply Black , A Feast For My Eyes , A Photographers View , Auto_Focus , All Types Of Transport , Artistic Impressions , ANTICANDO , Blink Again , Beautiful Capture , BEST PEOPLE’S CHOICE , Blood, Sweat and Gear , GEARHEADS , Creative Impuls , CAZADORES DE IMÁGENES , Cars Cars Cars , CanonFlickrAward , Digifoto Pro , Damn Cool Photographers , Digital Creations , Django’s Master , FRIENDS FOREVER , Fine Gold , Fan de Voitures , FAIR PLAY , GREATPHOTOGRAPHERS , Give Me 5 , Groupe Charlie , Hairygits Elite , peace took over my heart , Ineffable , INFINITEXPOSURE , IQ – Image Quality , Interesting , In My Eyes , Living with Multiple Sclerosis (MS) , LOVELY FLICKR , My Friends Pictures , Masters Of Creative Photography , Nice As It Gets , PHOTOGRAPHERS , PRO PHOTO , Photographic World , Planet Earth Transport , Planet Earth Back In The Day , PhotoMix , SOE , SIMPLY SUPERB , SLOW RIDE , Saariy’sQualityPictures , ShowCase images , Simply The Best , THE LOOK Level 1 RED , The Best Shot , The Pit Stop Shop , The Machines , Transport of all kinds , The Red Group , VIVID&STRIKING , Wheels-Anything That Rolls , Your Best Of Today , WOW , Simply Because