This 1958 Aston Martin DB Mark III Tickford Fixed-head Coupé was photographed in 2010 at the Danville, Calif.-based Blackhawk Automobile Museum.
"Industrialist David Brown purchased Aston Martin in 1947 and provided much-needed capitalization," according to a car summary provided by Blackhawk. "Brown also brought the Lagonda marque and Lagonda recently developed double-overhead cam 2589cc 6-cylinder engine.
"The resulting Aston Martin Lagonda Ltd. became a subsidiary of David Brown & Sons, a company that manufactured farm tractors. Brown’s initials continued for decades as the Aston Martin ‘DB’ series."
The post-war era represented a resurgence in the automotive industry.
"As many car manufacturers did following the war, Aston Marin got very involved with moto racing and the marque’s reputation for speed, style and dependability was established," according to Blackhawk. "In 1950 DB2 coupes finished fifth and sixth in the Le Mans 24-hour endurance race, and a succession of competition-built Aston Martin DB models including the DBR "r" for racing models with top race finishes followed.
"The DB Mark III was introduced early in 1957 as the successor to the DB2-4 and continued through 1959 as the Mark IIIB. Tickford built bodies for the DB 2/4 Mark 2 and Mark 3 after David Brown bought the company in 1954. Subsequently, AML moved to the Tickford Works, Newport Pagnell, in the last 1950s."
This car cost nearly $7,000 when new.
Tagged: , 1958 Aston Martin DB Mark III Tickford Fixed-head Coupe , 1958 Aston Martin , Aston Martin Lagonda , Blackhawk Automotive Museum , Blackhawk , Glenn Franco Simmons , car , cars , car photo , car photos , car pix , car pics